no data in IOS powerhouse app

williamgmcg

no data in IOS powerhouse app

Post by williamgmcg »

BLE model, says BLE on the side. After many hours of troubleshooting I've finally gotten the isaac app to work and have updated the firmware to 6.41, but now the powerhouse app seems broken.

It's awfully unclear to me how this is supposed to work. I created a bike profile using the isaac app, and I set the device to "Better Accuracy" just so I could see it work for now, but when I start powerhouse I'm only given the choice between Bike Profile 1,2,3,4. My named profile that I created in isaac is nowhere to be found.

What's supposed to happen next? Mostly I just see a bunch of ads or something. I finally click "Start Ride" but I get no data from the powerpod for either speed or power, though powerhouse seems to think the powerpod is connected. There's a checkbox next to powerpod anyway. At one point I got some data in the power and speed fields. Power is stuck at 1.0 and speed at 4.6. It got some data from somewhere but why is there no realtime data?

I've got 6-7 hours into setting up this device and I still haven't seen any useful power data. There was something in Strava, but it didn't particularly look like realtime data from the powerpod. Needless to say I'm beyond frustrated with this thing. The user experience has basically been broken at EVERY turn.

Oh fun. Now its stuck with a flashing amber light and no longer pairs to powerhouse. I have no idea how it got in this state. I'm done for the day. If I mess with this thing anymore today I'm going to chuck it in the garbage disposal, or more likely, a box back to amazon.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: no data in IOS powerhouse app

Post by Velocomp »

Ouch! Sorry for your issues!!!

We do ZERO advertising, and have never seen ads before.

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
williamgmcg

Post by williamgmcg »

"iSlim"
"Free Ride"
"Brazillian Butt"
"weekend Warrior"
"Cycle Max"
"Express Fitness"

These are not ads? They're some sort of workout packs you can buy?

I've reconfigured the power pod to "best accuracy" in order to do an o&b ride like in the youtube configuration video.

The powerhouse app sees the powerpod and I get a check mark. I have the powerpod flashing green/red, and I ride to the spot to start my o&b ride then click the button on the powerpod. It begins flashing yellow and I start my o&b ride. So far this is all exactly as in the youtube video.

But then I never see anything in the powerhouse app. Everything is stuck at zero. No speed no power numbers going up to 50, nothing. The youtube video doesn't show anything about how you configure the powerhouse app to get it to receive data. Do I "start ride" on "free ride"? That's what I was trying but I never see any numbers. What do I do to get to the screen where it shows the ride completion climbing to 50 as in the video? That step is conveniently left out of the video.
williamgmcg

Post by williamgmcg »

Just tried another calibration ride, the 6th? 7th? 8th? one?

This time I got the flashing red/green got to my start place, hit the button flashing amber, so I start my ride.

Powerhouse has a checkmark next to powerpod in the app. I hit "free ride" start ride. All zeros, as usual but I figure I'll keep going and see if I can get the power pod to get to the red light, indicating turnaround, but it just shuts itself off.
mgrimwade

Post by mgrimwade »

Hi,

I'm having similar problems. PowerPod BLE working fine with my Garmin Edge and pairing with the PowerHouse app, but everything's 0 in Powerhouse when I ride.

What else can I try to get this working? The check mark next to the powerpod in the sensors screen suggests it should be ok?

Thanks,
Michael.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

mgrimwade wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:29 am Hi,

I'm having similar problems. PowerPod BLE working fine with my Garmin Edge and pairing with the PowerHouse app, but everything's 0 in Powerhouse when I ride.

What else can I try to get this working? The check mark next to the powerpod in the sensors screen suggests it should be ok?

Thanks,
Michael.
We will look into this.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Same for me - The Garmin recognizes that the PowerPad is there and running - I also get Power readings on the Garmin - so these are talking to each other.
The iOS app PowerHouse - sees the PowerPad and recognizes the sensors are paired. During the ride - no values show in PowerHouse. I turned off Bluetooth on the iPhone and immediately the application told me to turn it back on to connect to the PowerPad.

On a 60 minute ride, the clock on the FREE RIDE screen only started working very late in the ride - showed only a total of about 60 seconds after I stopped for the day. The time between when I saw the clock registering anything and when I stopped - was a lot longer than 60 seconds.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yikes...
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

I am going to guess that there is a code error related to the list of programmed exercises - and the FREE ride is either mis-coded or not included in some list of options - or not in every separate subroutine/function that it should be. This might even be more true if the "paid for" choices are recording and working to display the data.
mgrimwade

Post by mgrimwade »

In relation to my post from April, I worked out that problems occurred if I launched PowerHouse after I'd turned on the PowerPod, but before the bike sensors had woken up. In that scenario it consistently failed, whereas activating PowerPod and bike sensors before launching the app consistently worked.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Good feedback!
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

So today I tired several ways to get PowerHouse to run.
The PP and sensors were warmed up and paired - the Garmin was happy and reporting Power values from the PP.
I started PowerHouse and could not get it to find sensors or the PP.

I then shutdown PP (4 clicks), left Powerhouse running, sensors were still warmed up. Started PP, during the P pairing, I started PowerHouse and the app did find the PP and paired the sensors. At the same time the Garmin recognized the presence of a powermeter. I then completed the other rider details in PowerHouse and activated Profile 1.

Then, using FreeRide, I started the ride - the timer at the top of the screen started - but all during the ride there was no data showing up on the screen. I verified the music worked - it did, further supporting that the app and the iPhone were cooperating. Just no data, no summary data after the ride (Done).
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

No luck yet.
Screen Capture
Screen Capture
image - 1.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 14343 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

There are bugs. Our developer is working on fixing them.
John Hamann