Will PowerHouse show heart rate in the future

Luis

Will PowerHouse show heart rate in the future

Post by Luis »

The PowerHouse App with it's training plans are great. I like to see what my HR is as I ride. The other thing is I would like to be able to share the data with MapMyRide as I have several years of records in that app would like to continue storing ride info. Currently I am using the Wahoo Fitness app which works well with PowerPod and HR. I then share the date with Strava and MapMyRide. I'm not a big fan of Strava but my county uses the Strava Heat Maps to see bike traffic and where to make improvements.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Will PowerHouse show heart rate in the future

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like you've found a clever solution: run the Wahoo Fitness app to record HR data, and simultaneously run PowerHouse to use its training plans. As you point out, PH also sends data to Strava, but without the HR data.
John Hamann
mobile_chicane

Post by mobile_chicane »

Brand new user of the Powerpod and the PowerHouse app. Thank you for a wonderful product at an affordable entry price point!

I have a similar question to the OP: I was able to pair my HRM to the Powerpod (I can see HR data post-ride in the Isaac app), but couldn't figure out the following:
1) PowerHouse doesn't display HR with a paired HRM. Is there any settings that allows it to display HR?
2) Even though I can see the HR data post-ride, Powerpod doesn't appear to be bridging the HR data via BT as it does for Cadence, Power, Speed. Is this correct?

Q1 & Q2 appears to be related. Will HR bridging and displaying in PH be made available in the future via a FW / App update? Not being able to see HR in PH seems to be a significant drawback (and an oversight) for the app.

Thank you for a great product!

Alvin
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

1) PowerHouse is designed to help you train with power; we really did not design it to display HR data.

2) You're correct that we don't bridge HR data from ANT to BLE.

3) The other important function of the app is to help users set up profiles, without using Isaac.

The app has been available now for over 5 years and you're the first person to ask this question! At this time we don't have any plans to add HR to the app, sorry...
John Hamann
mobile_chicane

Post by mobile_chicane »

Sorry John, didn't mean to sound so harsh with my inquiry or being critical with the app.

Alvin
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

No worries; no harshness or criticism detected!

Unfortunately, apps are expensive things to change, so modifications to them need to be carefully assessed.
John Hamann