POWERPOD BLE WITH GARMIN AEROPOD APP

Kuryaky

POWERPOD BLE WITH GARMIN AEROPOD APP

Post by Kuryaky »

i trying to “stream-broadcast” powerpod BlE wind data, CDA, and etc info to my garmin 1040 with AEROPOD 2.0 app but “ DONT SEE” my powerpod BlE data.
I pair my powerpod with my garmin 1040 for Bluetooth because garmin don’t see powerpod over ANT+.
It’s my powerpod BLE compatible for bradcast that data with AEROPOD APP on Garmin 1040?.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: POWERPOD BLE WITH GARMIN AEROPOD APP

Post by Velocomp »

No; PP does not broadcast any wind, CdA data in BLE format. You have to connect to your 1040 by ANT+; when you do, you will be able to receive the data in the AeroPod 2.0 app.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

I suggest you carefully read the instructions for your Garmin device.

The 1040 is capable of communicating using either technology. You must select the ANT+ version of your PP found. First setup of the pairing may show both - the PP needs to be awake - rotate your wheel with the speed sensor to accomplish that. Then turn on the GARMIN.

Tom
Kuryaky

Post by Kuryaky »

My garmin 1040 don’t see powerpod as ANT+.
Let check what I can do.
I have several device connected to powerpod, maybe something to concern?
SPEED
CADENCE
HRM
DFPM
I will do a video and post it over here and back later.
Thanks.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Which device do you have turned on first - the Garmin or the PP?

I have no problem if I have turned on the PP first and have the cadence sensor and speed sensors activated. I have an HRM but no DFPM.

Check that both of the sensors are actually awake before I turn on the PP and that you see a green light from the PP when you do turn it on - there will be a few flashes from the PP led as it finds this sensors - for that is from four to seven before the flashing stops and the led is a solid green for a few seconds.

Tom
Kuryaky

Post by Kuryaky »

Ok, Not luck for transmit data.
But Very lucky to pair powerpod ANT+ with garmin, I erase all my sensors and it work to see powered and its NUMBER ID 10508.
Pair with Garmin and transmit - relay - cadence - speed - Power.
Conclusion on this one, Garmin don't accept to connect TWO (2) PowerMeters at once (because Powerpod recognize it as powermeter).
Later I try to do all the proper with AEROPOD App on garmin, but don't see PowerPod broadcast, I try to force config IDDEVICE.
Erase several times and install y very other procedures and aint work.
Try to start SENSORS, POWERPOD, GARMIN, START RIDE, but nothing.
Try to Install app, pair powerpod, start ride, but nothing.
I use Profile 3 and Profile 4 to make it work (same bike, with profile injected over Edit Profile tool).
I check the ride files and I have all sensors and bike data as usual so powerpod its working ok.
I see powerpod relay, broadcast data in my garmin LIVE, as cadence, Speed, Power.
But AEROPOD don't see the data from powerpod BLE.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

So you have some success -

As John has pointed out - BLE does not send the key information you want to see. The PP transmits the correct data to the GARMIN - only using the ANT+ format.

So the GARMIN has to be paired with the ANT+ output of the PP -

Tom
Kuryaky

Post by Kuryaky »

As I say before MY POWERPOD BLE it’s already paired over ANT+ to my garmin.

The problem was you can’t have 2 powermeters simultaneously CONNECTED ON and garmin device.

So I erase everything and just pair powerpod.

That successfully pair POWERPOD over ANT+ to garmin, I already see relay data like SPEED, CADENCE, POWER.

But not lucky for AEROPOD 2.0 APP to see the wind, slope, power, cda data. It’s like a the app don’t get this data.

Any way to check in another way that my powerpod it’s already relay stream those data.

Maybe I have to turn on some parameter on Isaac and send it in the profile?

either I using PROFILE 3 AND 4 to the test as it say con AEROPOD 2.0 App manual, not Luck on either.
Kuryaky

Post by Kuryaky »

Pair my powerpod ble with garmin on any+, success transmit, cadence, speed, DFPM power, I just need to pair my HRM and powerpod and that’s it, but not luck transmit for AERPOD APP, I have my powerpod ble pair by ant+.
Any clue please.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Your Garmin should see the HRM - you can in searching for sensors select just HRM and the Garmin will isolate to finding your heart monitor - if you are wearing it.

You might want to consider taking your Garmin and deleting all sensors that are paired - the start pairing them again - including your HRM - Search ALL. THEN SELECT EACH SENSOR YOU HAVE ONE-BY-ONE. After you have them - you can look at the sensor details of each - which should verify that you have identified the correct ones.

You have created a situation that is much more complicated by not doing the pairing process systematically.

A step at a time should work. Take a deep breath.

Tom
Kuryaky

Post by Kuryaky »

lorduintah wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:02 pm Your Garmin should see the HRM - you can in searching for sensors select just HRM and the Garmin will isolate to finding your heart monitor - if you are wearing it.

You might want to consider taking your Garmin and deleting all sensors that are paired - the start pairing them again - including your HRM - Search ALL. THEN SELECT EACH SENSOR YOU HAVE ONE-BY-ONE. After you have them - you can look at the sensor details of each - which should verify that you have identified the correct ones.

You have created a situation that is much more complicated by not doing the pairing process systematically.

A step at a time should work. Take a deep breath.

Tom
Hey man I successfully do that. As I say my powerpod it’s already send those data.
The only thing ain’t working it’s AEROPOD data.
Any clue?
But thank you.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

i am assuming you have installed the Aeropod widget on your Garmin. And have the appropriate screen on the Garmin to view that data coming from the AP.

Step by step follow John's instructions (see the Aeropod page on this Forum). BUT it does not work in BLE - only ANT+ as has been mentioned many times. These instructions are lengthy, but skipping through them will not always be successful.

If needed remove the CDA app from the Garmin - delete and reinstall. You can use the Garmin Express app on Windows of Mac computers to check and see if it is really installed on your Garmin and Garmin Connect IQ. You may need thread instructions on the USE OF the Express app and Connect IQ. Check that you have the Garmin software up to date.

Check that you have the most recent firmware on the Aeropod. Use ISAAC to update if needed.

All I can suggest without a complete list of what you have done in an orderly fashion.
Kuryaky

Post by Kuryaky »

Again double check powerpod ble pair with garmin 1040 by ant+.
Already do what you say garmin express double check aeropod app install and ready garmin IQ on garmin 1040.
Double check powerpod ble have last firmware.
Double check all my sensor’s even HRM are pair and properly with powerpod and working as I start the test.
Add de data screen of aeropod as screen data on garmin 1040.
Done that step by step but no luck.
Powerpod is transmitting data to garmin I see, cadence, Power DFPM, speed.
Buy no the cda, wind, slope, power data for the app.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

I have run out of suggestions.