PowerPod V3 issue after clearing memory

petervansuetendael

PowerPod V3 issue after clearing memory

Post by petervansuetendael »

Hi,

A few weeks ago I noticed odd power numbers when riding. From experience I know that this is due to a full memory. Normally after clearing the internal memory all is good again to continue using the PowerPod.

However, this time clearing the memory resulted in going to calibration mode the next time I started the PowerPod and for some odd reason I can't seem to finish the calibration. After several attempts I created a new profile without needing to do the calibration ride. At first I thought yes, I am on track again but soon I a noticed that the power numbers are not realistic for my ride.
Next I tried to adjust via Isaac. There I noticed when analyzing wind that the 'Avg. Ground Wind' showed minus 21.9.
On my next ride I checked the wind speed on my Garmin device and again is was showing numbers around minus 20.
I am not sure what I can do more to fix this. Any idea what could be wrong with my device?
Attached you can find my two latest ride files.

Kind Regard,

Peter.
Attachments
Velocomp_12_07_2023_0948_47_km.ibr
(241.39 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Velocomp_12_08_2023_1056_32_km.ibr
(153.34 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
lorduintah

Re: PowerPod V3 issue after clearing memory

Post by lorduintah »

Just a couple thoughts

Clearing memory or erase all ride data using Isaac?

Clearing memory - does that mean a reset - hold the button for 12 seconds - then you would see a new calibration.

When you download your latest ride(s), Isaac should show you how much storage is used as a percentage. If you download, there is not much reason to continue to keep them on the PP as they should be stored on your computer.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Do the following:

1) Press-hold your PP button for 12 seconds, until the light goes out briefly and turns back on. This does a hard reset of your device

2) Connect your PP to Isaac and use the command Device/Erase all Ride Files. This removes old ride files

3) Use the command Edit/Edit Profiles/Get from Device to extract your profile. Click the Advanced tab. If you see the word "empty" in the Tilt Cal box then you will need to do a sensor pairing and cal ride.

4) If there are **** in the tilt cal box then you likely can resume riding normally.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 7.19.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 7.19.16 AM.png (158.19 KiB) Viewed 4080 times
John Hamann
petervansuetendael

Hi John,

I noticed that there were several profiles present. Deleted all of them except one that has **** in the tilt cal box. Next I did all the steps that you have mentioned and went for a ride.

The numbers are still not matching the effort and again I noticed that on my Garmin device the wind is always showing minus 19 and higher, so never a plus number. The position of the Powerpod did not change. Might there be an issue with the windsensor?

Can you have another look at this issue?

Attached the ride file from today.
Attachments
Velocomp_12_15_2023_0910_54_km.ibr
(274.77 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Something is wrong with your wind sensor. Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps, and provide the ride file you've attached.
John Hamann
petervansuetendael

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Email with ride file has been sent.