Very High Watt numbers.

Kcblair

Very High Watt numbers.

Post by Kcblair »

Hello John,

The last 2 days, my PP has been displaying 500, 1000 2500+ WATTS. Yesterdays ride, all was functioning normal, then I made a stop 3miles from home. After continuing the ride, the PP was displaying very high watts. Today, at the start, immediately starting showing very high numbers. I did the 12 second hold for a "Hard rest", again same high numbers. so I turned off PP and continued my ride.

The issue, I "can not" send you a ride file, because the last 6 rides did not record , because the PP memory is full. Could this be part of the issue ?

This may have been my last ride of the season, as it is getting too cold. If, I can get a ride in I will, otherwise, I'll have to wait until Spring , to deal with this situation,

I have since, deleted all ride files.

Last recorded ride was Oct 13, all was fine.

Thanks so much,

Ken B.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Very High Watt numbers.

Post by Velocomp »

Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell what is going on without a ride file.

Connect your unit to Isaac and do a "Device/Erase all ride files" command.

It's possible that the full memory is screwing up things.

Do a short ride and post it; that will allow me to figure out what is going on.
John Hamann
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Thanks John. I have deleted all ride files. As soon as the temps get above freezing, I'll ride around the block. In the mean time, I'm done for the season. Ken

Looks to be 50 on Friday.
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Hello John, This is strange to me, but you'll know what happen. As you will see, the wattage was off my chart at first, then returned to normal for the duration of a short ride. The previous 2 rides (that did not record) stayed high, until I shut off the PP. This is the only ride , stored in the PP.

Any way, I'm learning, after years of using this wonderful tool. I though there was an indictor light, when the memory is full, but nothing in the instruction manual .

Thanks,

Ken B.
Attachments
iBike_11_10_2023_1309_3_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(129.93 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your PP recalibrated itself during the first 90 seconds of your ride. After that 90 seconds all is well.

If you keep PP attached to your bike, you shouldn't have any recalibration problems.
John Hamann
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Thank you John . So maybe, with the memory being full, this might have caused the high watt numbers ? Also, when you say , keep PP attached to bike, what will happen when I move to another bike ? One with a profile installed in the PP ?

This current bike will be ridden till I'm done for the year . Then will be moved to my Springish bike next season.

Ken B.