Powerpod 4 Cracked Casing and Failing Battery

Slickwhite

Powerpod 4 Cracked Casing and Failing Battery

Post by Slickwhite »

Hi John, I've been using a powerpod since Dec 2016. Original the Powerpod 1 and currently the Powerpod 4. Unfortunately the casing has developed cracks on the side and back of the unit. This slightly exposes the innards of the unit and iIm conscious of using it during the winter due to potential water ingress. Also the battery has started to fail and won't last more than 1 -2 rides and I ride between 60-100 miles each week. The unit still functions but i am having difficulty recalibrating the unit after several O&B ride (stays stuck on 50) after I've stopped and turned the bike around.

Is there anything you can do to help as the powerpod has become integral to my rides whether road, mountain biking or indoor using my rollers. I do love using the powerpod and appreciate all your hard work and dedication.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod 4 Cracked Casing and Failing Battery

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
Slickwhite

Post by Slickwhite »

After email correspondence I posted my Powerpod 4 off to Tom at Velcomop USA on the 10th Nov 2023. Tom replaced a cracked case and battery after over 2.5 years of constant use, on three bikes (mountain bike, road bike and indoors on rollers). Posted back to me in the UK on the 8th Dec 2023 and it’s great to have it back. Just wanted to thank Tom and John for their continued support for a fantastic product that I will continue to use for years to come. NB: Great price for fixing and shipping it too.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Slickwhite wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:57 pm After email correspondence I posted my Powerpod 4 off to Tom at Velcomop USA on the 10th Nov 2023. Tom replaced a cracked case and battery after over 2.5 years of constant use, on three bikes (mountain bike, road bike and indoors on rollers). Posted back to me in the UK on the 8th Dec 2023 and it’s great to have it back. Just wanted to thank Tom and John for their continued support for a fantastic product that I will continue to use for years to come. NB: Great price for fixing and shipping it too.
Thank you for your comments; much appreciated!
John Hamann