Air intake tube clogged. Can I clean?

MrTopend

Air intake tube clogged. Can I clean?

Post by MrTopend »

Hi everyone,

I unfortunately live in an area where mud wasps love to fill empty holes and I made the mistake of leaving my PP5 on my bike and mud wasps have got in to the air intake.

I've taken the unit apart and there are two white stickers on the area above where the air intake tube ends. I have cleaned out as much of the dried mud as i can, but it probably needs a good wash out. My question is, will the washing out harm these stickers or impact on the readings?

The stickers seem a bit odd in they are not connected to electronics, but I'm going to assume that there is some reason for them, otherwise what is the point of the air inlet?

Hoping you all can assist.

Thanks,

David
Attachments
IMG_6543.jpg
IMG_6543.jpg (16.33 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
IMG_6542.JPG
IMG_6542.JPG (15.78 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Air intake tube clogged. Can I clean?

Post by Velocomp »

1) Reassemble your unit. You don't want any water leaking to the inside!

2) The stickers permit air to enter the interior of the unit, but block water. They are important

3) After reassembling everything, you should be able to run water into the intake of the wind port. Once you have cleared the debris, blow on the wind port to allow the water to escape. Then, let the unit dry for a bit.

Hopefully this will take care of things.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Air intake tube clogged. Can I clean?

Post by Velocomp »

Velocomp wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:33 pm 1) Reassemble your unit. You don't want any water leaking to the inside!

2) The stickers permit air to enter the interior of the unit, but block water. They are important

3) After reassembling everything, you should be able to run water into the intake of the wind port. Once you have cleared the debris, blow on the wind port to allow the water to escape. Then, let the unit dry for a bit.

Hopefully this will take care of things.
John Hamann