Karoo 2

gayeskin

Karoo 2

Post by gayeskin »

Hello,

Issue: Data from ibike (distance) being sent to Karoo2 is less than actual.

Last year, I started to notice that when I compared rides with the riders I was riding with. The distances from my Karoo data was always less than the riders whom I was riding with. The rides I was comparing all had the same starting and ending point as my fellow riders.

When I actually went into the Isaac software, I noticed that the recordings were the actual length of the rides as my fellow riders.

Wanted to check with you to see if there was a setting I was missing where the data is sent to Karoo or if this there is something going on in the setup for Karoo. I checked the Karoo tech support and they were of no help.

Thank you in advance.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Karoo 2

Post by Velocomp »

It looks like the Karoo 2 is a great bike computer, but their website sucks :-(. I had to fish around for 15 minutes to get the tech info I was seeking.

It's not totally clear to me how Karoo gets its distance info--from GPS data, or from speed sensor data.

Karoo 2 works both in BLE and ANT+ mode. I don't know how your bike computer is reading speed sensor data.

I would check your Karoo to make sure your sensors are connected in ANT+ mode. If you have them connected in BLE mode, disconnect the BLE sensor connections.
John Hamann
gayeskin

Post by gayeskin »

Thank you John for looking into this, much appreciated.

To confirm, ANT+ can connect to multiple devises at once where BLE only one device? Also, PowerPod only connects by way of ANT+?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

gayeskin wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:22 am Thank you John for looking into this, much appreciated.

To confirm, ANT+ can connect to multiple devises at once where BLE only one device? Also, PowerPod only connects by way of ANT+?
PP can connect either by ANT+ or BLE. I would connect only by ANT+; if you have connected through BLE, I would disable that pairing.
John Hamann