Wireless ID in profiles

Gottago

Wireless ID in profiles

Post by Gottago »

I've just completed the out and back calibration ride. Do the paired wireless sensors get added to the profile I created before the ride when I reconnect the Powerpod to Isaac?

When I went to edit profile and went to Wireless ID, I clicked on get from device and it sent numbers that don't match my actual sensor numbers (according to my Garmin). I tried manually entering the ID numbers but it wouldn't accept them and assigned different numbers (it gave the same number for both speed and cadence). I'm not sure why and I don't know what the "type" number refers to.

Here's what happens:
According to my Garmin my speed ID is: 656615 and cadence is 741345, but when I'm in the wireless ID tab in the profile I click on "Get from device" and I see 1255 for speed and 20449 for cadence.

If I try manually entering the ID numbers the box returns: 65535 for both. "Type" remains unchanged (165 for speed and 181 for cadence - whatever that means)
I just want to make sure that my powerpod is set up with the correct sensors for the profile (I have different sensors for my gravel bike)
Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Wireless ID in profiles

Post by Velocomp »

Everything is OK.

Some years ago Garmin went to a 6 digit identifier for a wireless ID. You PP correctly reads that ID.

However, Isaac is programmed to read/write 5 digit identifiers. So, it does not correctly report on-screen what is stored in PP, and it can't write 6 digit identifiers, either.

However, if you extract a profile in Isaac, the identifier will be correctly read, so you can use that to copy/paste profile data.
John Hamann