Calibrating PowerPod with a DFPM

nicholp1

Calibrating PowerPod with a DFPM

Post by nicholp1 »

I would like to try and calibrate my Powerpod against my Favero Assioma DFPM pedals. I'm using the power pod on my commuting bike only so would just swap over the pedal short term. I'm assuming this would yield the most accurate calibration assuming the Favero Assioma are correct. I have had a look on the forum to try and find a set of instructions. I'm sure they must be out there, but could you point me in the right direction.

I think I broadly know how to do this but would like to double check.
Also is there any guidance on ride duration, would a simple out and back work or does a longer ride yield better results?

Many thanks in advance.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Calibrating PowerPod with a DFPM

Post by Velocomp »

Here is what to do:

1) Pair your DFPM to your PowerPod.

2) Do an out-and-back ride, about 3-5 miles long, making sure you are not in changing wind conditions (such as auto traffic or wind gusts)

3) Download your ride to Isaac

4) Select the "Analyze/Check Calibration..." menu item in Isaac.

5) When the pop-up box appears, select "Use DFPM"

This should dial-in your PP with DFPM data.
John Hamann
nicholp1

Post by nicholp1 »

Thanks John much appreciated.

I'll have play over the weekend.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

nicholp1 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:11 am Thanks John much appreciated.

I'll have play over the weekend.
NOTE: After you pair your DFPM you will need to do a cal ride. After the cal ride do a 3-5 mile out-and-back, and use that as described above.

Please post your .ibr ride file...
John Hamann
nicholp1

Post by nicholp1 »

Hi John

I finally going to have a bit of time to do this DFPM calibration.

In terms of pairing the Assioma pedals, do I actually need to do this via the PowerPod and then do a out and back ride.

Before seeing your post I’d just downloaded the profile from the PowerPod and updated the DFPM 5 Chr ANT+ ID in the wireless id’s section and then re uploaded it to the PowerPod.

The Assioma ID looks to be 5 digit as per the attached.

Won’t that work?
Attachments
47044322-C2A5-413E-BE93-34D92FE4C697.png
47044322-C2A5-413E-BE93-34D92FE4C697.png (47.06 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

nicholp1 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:36 pm Hi John

I finally going to have a bit of time to do this DFPM calibration.

In terms of pairing the Assioma pedals, do I actually need to do this via the PowerPod and then do a out and back ride.

Before seeing your post I’d just downloaded the profile from the PowerPod and updated the DFPM 5 Chr ANT+ ID in the wireless id’s section and then re uploaded it to the PowerPod.

The Assioma ID looks to be 5 digit as per the attached.

Won’t that work?
It is very likely that if you manually enter the DFPM ID into your profile, your PP won't "read" the DFPM data.

The sure way to handle things is to do a sensor pairing. Any time a sensor pairing is done, a cal ride is required.
John Hamann
nicholp1

Post by nicholp1 »

Unfortunately the test wasn't vey successful. I paired the PowerPod but it didn't pick up the pedals, the HR monitor cadence and speed sensor were picked up but not the pedals and yes they were awake.

Unfortunately I didn't check the profile until after I did the calibration and the out and back ride. So basically there was no DFPM in the .ibr file.. :(
I thought well I'll check the calibration with this file and Isaac suggested a fairly big change (it asked if I was drafting which I wasn't however it was raining quite heavily). I accepted the changes but it was way off, increased power whilst going downhill ) so I did another calibration ride on a dry day which is good.

I’ll live with that until the weekend I then I'll try again but this time I’ll try updating the ANT+ ID in the profile for the DFPM. I'll also record the Out and Back DFPM data on another head unit so I can see if I can get Isaac to synchronize that file.

If none of that work, I'll live with my Powerpod calibration I’m sure good anyway

If it works I'll post the pre, post profiles and .ibr for you.
nicholp1

Post by nicholp1 »

Hi John

I finally got the DFPM calibration completed although I could not pair the Assioma pedals to the Powerpod so I recorded a sperate ride file and merged them into Isaac.

The was not much impact to the profiles which underlines the strength of the Velocomp calibration routine.

I’ve enclosed the Powerpod profile pre and post DFPM config the, .ibr file, the DFPM .fit file and a picture of the mount for your perusal.

Sorry had to zip this up as I could not upload a .fit files

All the best
Attachments
Velocomp DFPM calibaration.zip
(3.86 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

nicholp1 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:41 am Hi John

I finally got the DFPM calibration completed although I could not pair the Assioma pedals to the Powerpod so I recorded a sperate ride file and merged them into Isaac.

The was not much impact to the profiles which underlines the strength of the Velocomp calibration routine.

I’ve enclosed the Powerpod profile pre and post DFPM config the, .ibr file, the DFPM .fit file and a picture of the mount for your perusal.

Sorry had to zip this up as I could not upload a .fit files

All the best
Ride file looks OK to me.
John Hamann