Polar M460 adn PP V5

nicholp1

Polar M460 adn PP V5

Post by nicholp1 »

Hi I’m thinking of getting a V5 PP for my commuting bike. I have had a couple of power pods through the years going back to the original Kickstarter model.
On my commuting bike a use an old Polar M460 (yes I’m somewhat wed to the polar eco system and training peaks).

I know the PP woks with the V650 but the M460 had problem with the combined BTL stream. Does anyone remember if it works with just power being broadcast from the PP?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Polar M460 adn PP V5

Post by Velocomp »

Which PowerPod do you own currently? Please use Isaac to get its serial number and post the SN here.
John Hamann
nicholp1

Post by nicholp1 »

Hi John

My current PowerPod is a V2 ( first Bluetooth version) but it is dead, it cost take a charge and the rubber cover on the switch has gone.

Time to buy a new one and the are some interesting prices in Europe.

I just want to establish if it will work with my Polar m460 just for it to receive power. I know polar is ‘interesting’ in its Bluetooth implementation..
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

nicholp1 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:38 am Hi John

My current PowerPod is a V2 ( first Bluetooth version) but it is dead, it cost take a charge and the rubber cover on the switch has gone.

Time to buy a new one and the are some interesting prices in Europe.

I just want to establish if it will work with my Polar m460 just for it to receive power. I know polar is ‘interesting’ in its Bluetooth implementation..
According to their manual the M460 pairs with power meters. They have not tested PowerPod but we use the same format as the other guys...
John Hamann
nicholp1

Post by nicholp1 »

By way of an update for Polar Users

Polar M460 does not work with PowerPod V5 - The Polar see the PowerPod and pairs but does not show any data.
Polar V650 does work - John - You tested this some years ago.

The above is nothing to do with the Bluetooth implementation of the PowerPod, Polar are notoriously inconsistent in terms of integration and standards IMO.