75 km ride but only 60 km recorded

kurt

75 km ride but only 60 km recorded

Post by kurt »

Hello,

Today I have done a 75 km ride but only 60km was recorded. is it possible to explaine me why?

I have currently a lot of problems and nothing is working well. Actually the product is not suitabable for intentsive use or you really have to charge it every day. last Tuesday the battery ran flat because I didn't charge it after a 70km ride.

Best regards

Kurt
Attachments
Velocomp_10_23_2022_0826_59_km_HiDef.ibr
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
kurt

Re: 75 km ride but only 60 km recorded

Post by kurt »

here you can find the ride. Unfortunately I can't add the gpx file

https://www.strava.com/activities/8007606504

kurt
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Suggestion:

If you want more time available try turning off the Power Stroke feature - it consumes more battery life as well as data storage.

Do you really need to see your pedaling efficiency on long rides?

Tom
gdu90

Post by gdu90 »

FWIW, I've regularly ridden my PP (a v2 with a battery that must be about 5 years old) for 4-5 hr non-stop rides, including recording PowerStroke data, without it running out of either juice or storage capacity. I've no way of knowing how drained the battery gets each such ride, so I generally re-charge it after each one. But my experience is that 4+ hours continuous PP recording is always possible when starting after charging, while 4-5 hrs including PowerStroke fills only about 15% of the storage. So neither of these things sounds like your problem.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kurt wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:12 am Hello,

Today I have done a 75 km ride but only 60km was recorded. is it possible to explaine me why?

I have currently a lot of problems and nothing is working well. Actually the product is not suitabable for intentsive use or you really have to charge it every day. last Tuesday the battery ran flat because I didn't charge it after a 70km ride.

Best regards

Kurt
With a fully-charged battery you should easily be able to do 80km rides.

When riding, if your PP light begins flashing red, then your battery charge is low.

I would fully charge your battery prior to your next ride.
John Hamann
kurt

Post by kurt »

Hello,

The issue is that sometimes it works and sometimes not.
I have done +200 km rides. Currently I sometimes do +150 km rides.
I will try to charge it again and put the power stroke feature off. But on the other hand, it is a pitty because it was one of the reasons why I bought the powerpod.

Storage is not on issue. I have tested and I easily can store for more than 600 km of rides without problem.

But it is already the second time that I have the feeling that the battery is not working as it should be. And shipping the powerpod to the US cost me 50 USD.

BR

Kurt
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kurt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:56 am Hello,

I will try to charge it again and put the power stroke feature off. But on the other hand, it is a pitty because it was one of the reasons why I bought the powerpod.

Storage is not on issue. I have tested and I easily can store for more than 600 km of rides without problem.

But it is already the second time that I have the feeling that the battery is not working as it should be. And shipping the powerpod to the US cost me 50 USD.

BR

Kurt
After you have finished your ride and downloaded it to Isaac, click the button five times. You will see the light go from green, to yellow, to red, then off. This turns off the unit. Perhaps this will improve things, too.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:56 am
kurt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:56 am Hello,

BR

Kurt
After you have finished your ride and downloaded it to Isaac, click the button five times. You will see the light go from green, to yellow, to red, then off. This turns off the unit. Perhaps this will improve things, too.

Powerstroke "off" should not affect battery life.
John Hamann