Power off, no elevation gain

doib

Power off, no elevation gain

Post by doib »

Hello John,
for the second or third time this year, my PPV3 stopped showing power during a ride. The ride lasted over 3 hours and 30 minutes, but the PP recorded just over two. The pace was not particularly sustained and we did some short climbs on foot, due to the steep, loose and wet surface. After a climb, I stopped to wait for my friend and, from then on, the PP did not record any more power data, although we still did several meters of elevation gain, for a total of over 1300 m. Also, strangely, the .ibr file does not mark any gain in altitude ... What could have happened? I will try to fix the problem with a reset, as I have done in the past times, but I would like to find a permanent solution. Could it be because I still use Garmin's gsc10 sensor? I am attaching the .ibr file and the strava and garmin connect graphics.
A thousand thanks
iBike_2022_10_15_0924_0_km.ibr
(425.43 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
20221015 mtb garmin.jpg
20221015 mtb garmin.jpg (81.01 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
20221015 mtb strava.JPG
20221015 mtb strava.JPG (74.96 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Power off, no elevation gain

Post by Velocomp »

The only thing I notice is that, where your ride file stopped, your heart rate decreased significantly. This suggests this happened at a stop.

If you stop long enough then PP will turn itself off.

Before resuming riding click the button. This will turn on PP and the light will flash green (or solid green if your speed sensor is awake). Resume riding; hopefully this will take care of things.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

In fact it always happens after a stop .. may be the previous descent was read as a stop, if I didn't pedal. The stop itself did not last more than 5 minutes. Anyway, I tried to resume the ride with the power button, but maybe the problem lies in the button itself, that sometimes work badly. I believe there is a procedure to unlock it..could you kindly send it to me? thank you
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

doib wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:04 pm In fact it always happens after a stop .. may be the previous descent was read as a stop, if I didn't pedal. The stop itself did not last more than 5 minutes. Anyway, I tried to resume the ride with the power button, but maybe the problem lies in the button itself, that sometimes work badly. I believe there is a procedure to unlock it..could you kindly send it to me? thank you
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for button instructions.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

Ok thanks
doib

Post by doib »

Hi John,
i sent the request to support for the locked power button of my pp v3 a few days ago, but i have not received a reply yet. I'm sorry to insist but I have an event that I care about on Sunday and I would like to fix it in time. Could you please send me the instructions? thank you.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

doib wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:54 pm Hi John,
i sent the request to support for the locked power button of my pp v3 a few days ago, but i have not received a reply yet. I'm sorry to insist but I have an event that I care about on Sunday and I would like to fix it in time. Could you please send me the instructions? thank you.
Hmm...check your spam folder.

I will make sure Tom responds to you in the next 24 hours.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Tom has responded to you, again.

If you don't see anything in your email please let me know as soon as possible.
John Hamann