Install PP on the mount

Arnon

Install PP on the mount

Post by Arnon »

Hi
I just started with installation and calibration of pp v5 and wondering how to deal and solve this flex shown at the attached gif.
Seems like there is a bit of space between the pp and the mount that allows the movement of the pp up and down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Arnon
789590E7-7D85-43C2-90A2-20A6E4E61DA8.gif
789590E7-7D85-43C2-90A2-20A6E4E61DA8.gif (4.61 MiB) Viewed 1382 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Install PP on the mount

Post by Velocomp »

You'll notice that the PP "stops" at either end of the mount rotation limits. This is completely normal.

Attach your mount loosely to the handlebars, then attach PP to the mount. Rotate PP until it hits one of the stops, then tighten slightly. Rotate the mount on the handlebars until PP is approximately level to the ground. Then, tighten mount screws, and afterwards PP screw, so that mount cannot rotate and PP cannot rotate.
John Hamann
AussieDon

Post by AussieDon »

I'd like to revisit this topic. My new Powerpod V5 mount doesn't really stop at any point in the rotation except at the fully rotated positions as per the attached photos. It does 'catch' along the way where there's more resistance but that can be overcome without a lot of force. That's photo "PP V5 mount @ stop".

Is this considered normal for the V5 mount? If so, I think it will be difficult to remove and remount the PP V5 for recharging and ride downloads and return it to the same position.

Is the PP V5 capable of compensating for the small differences in slope due to variations in the mounting position? I hope not to turn every ride into a cal ride nor do I want to have to place a spirit level along the pitot tube to check that the level after remounting is consistent with the old position.

I've tried the PP V5 device with my old PP V2 mount and with that pairing the device does hit a full stop part way along the arc before it rotates to the end. The flanges on the V5 are a bit thinner than on the V2 so the thumbscrew has to be tightened hard to keep the V5 from shifting in the mount due to rough surfaces. I'd much rather use the V5 mount but I'm not sure I'll be able to mount in the same position consistently.

Please advise if you think this is a defect in the mount or the mount flanges on the device.
Attachments
The point of most resistance
The point of most resistance
PP V5 mount @ stop.jpg (213.21 KiB) Viewed 919 times
rotated fully forward
rotated fully forward
PP V5 mount @ front.jpg (185.23 KiB) Viewed 919 times
rotated fully backward
rotated fully backward
PP V5 mount @ back.jpg (174.14 KiB) Viewed 919 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You may have a mount that is out of spec, UNLESS the plastic tabs have been rounded-off by excessive force.

Please forward your question and images to technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann