Out and back calibration ride issue for PP-V3

Gottago

Out and back calibration ride issue for PP-V3

Post by Gottago »

Hello,
In the past, including after the last firmware update, I had been able to successfully completed the out and back calibration ride for my V-3. Today though, it wasn't working.
My last ride, I wasn't getting any power readings (read 0W) so I decided to reset profile settings and re-do the cal ride.
- I paired the sensors (holding 4 seconds) with the PP got a green light
- rode to my start point for the out-back hit the button got flashing (green?/yellow) and the watt reading on my Garmin started at zero and gradually went to 50.
- I stopped turned around and rode back until it hit 100. (All this seemed normal)
- When I continued riding it read 53 watts, then seemed to to gradually increase to 100 again
- it then seemed to be stuck at 50 the lights were either flashing yellow or red, I tried re-pairing the sensors but nothing seemed to work.

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something or doing something wrong or something has changed. It had been a little while since I had done the calibration ride. Any help would be appreciated.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Out and back calibration ride issue for PP-V3

Post by Velocomp »

Press-hold the button for about 12 seconds. After a few seconds you'll see the light start to flash green and then, around 12 seconds, go out briefly, then turn back on. Release the button. This does a hard reset of your unit.

Make sure your PP is reasonably level above the road and cannot rotate.

Do a new cal ride and hopefully that will fix things.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Press-hold the button for about 12 seconds. After a few seconds you'll see the light start to flash green and then, around 12 seconds, go out briefly, then turn back on. Release the button. This does a hard reset of your unit.

Make sure your PP is reasonably level above the road and cannot rotate.

Do a new cal ride and hopefully that will fix things.
John Hamann
Gottago

Post by Gottago »

Thanks for your reply. The hard reset seemed to do the trick. I do have another question. With the last firmware update, it seemed a bit unclear in the documentation whether or not a cal ride was needed before every ride, which seems impractical or was I misreading that?
Do I only need to do a cal ride for each profile once or every time I ride or switch profiles (bikes).
Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Gottago wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:14 pm Thanks for your reply. The hard reset seemed to do the trick. I do have another question. With the last firmware update, it seemed a bit unclear in the documentation whether or not a cal ride was needed before every ride, which seems impractical or was I misreading that?
Do I only need to do a cal ride for each profile once or every time I ride or switch profiles (bikes).
Thanks.
Only one cal ride is needed, but whenever you do a new sensor pairing a cal ride is automatically triggered.
John Hamann
Gottago

Post by Gottago »

I’m still finding PowerPod V3 frustrating to use. I managed to set up a profile for it for one bike. Did the calibration ride and it seemed to work. When an added another profile for a different bike, I paired the sensors and did another calibration ride. It seems pretty random if it will work. At the end of the calibration ride, it started to do another calibration. The light then turned red and stopped working (no power reading). This has happened more than once but I can’t seem to figure out why.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post profiles from your two bikes, and any available ride files.
John Hamann