PP connected, not showing power

carlraut

PP connected, not showing power

Post by carlraut »

Hi

so I bought a powerpod (v3/v4) during lockdown (March 2020) though have only just started to use it regularly. While the initial set up was a bit quirky as I couldn't define the colour on the pod very well, we got connected, and it was showing my power output YAY

Then, all of a sudden it stopped working (no swapping bike or sensors)

I have garmin speed and cadence sensors, which both connect to my Fenix6, and show data. When I reset my PP and engage the sensors first before connecting the PP my Fenix 6 says it connects to it, and I see data on my power screen (cadence) though the power just sits at zero.

I've reset my powerpod using a method I found in a previous topic about NO POWER, I've checked the firmware, which is up to date, and followed those exactly with still no luck.

I'm very frustrated, given it was working and then suddenly stopped.

Any help would be very appreciated
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP connected, not showing power

Post by Velocomp »

carlraut wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:42 am Hi

so I bought a powerpod (v3/v4) during lockdown (March 2020) though have only just started to use it regularly. While the initial set up was a bit quirky as I couldn't define the colour on the pod very well, we got connected, and it was showing my power output YAY

I have garmin speed and cadence sensors, which both connect to my Fenix6, and show data. When I reset my PP and engage the sensors first before connecting the PP my Fenix 6 says it connects to it, and I see data on my power screen (cadence) though the power just sits at zero.

I've reset my powerpod using a method I found in a previous topic about NO POWER, I've checked the firmware, which is up to date, and followed those exactly with still no luck.

Press-hold the button for about 12 seconds. It might start flashing at 4 sec, but continue to hold. Around 12 seconds you should see the light come on briefly, then turn off. Release the button. This hard resets the unit. Hopefully this will take care of things. Let me know...
John Hamann
carlraut

Post by carlraut »

Velocomp wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:36 am
carlraut wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:42 am Hi

Press-hold the button for about 12 seconds. It might start flashing at 4 sec, but continue to hold. Around 12 seconds you should see the light come on briefly, then turn off. Release the button. This hard resets the unit. Hopefully this will take care of things. Let me know...
I did that, though nothing has changed - heres my garmin output for the cycle yesterday
Powercadence.jpg
Powercadence.jpg (39.17 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Can you check with the sensors list on the Garmin to make sure that you are seeing a power meter? not sure if that is possible with the

On the Bike Computers a Garmin will allow you to see what sensors are present and also are they ANT+ or Bluetooth (BLE).

One issue that many see from time to time is that their Bike Computer pairs with eh BLE signal and not the PP ANT+ output.

I suspect Tom will help you resolve this.

Are you seeing speed on your Garmin? Even if you are the PowerPod sometimes might not see that the bike is in motion from the speed sensor (weak battery).

(another) Tom
carlraut

Post by carlraut »

Velocomp wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:08 pm Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
Thank you, I'll forward you an email today
carlraut

Post by carlraut »

lorduintah wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:22 pm Can you check with the sensors list on the Garmin to make sure that you are seeing a power meter? not sure if that is possible with the

On the Bike Computers a Garmin will allow you to see what sensors are present and also are they ANT+ or Bluetooth (BLE).

One issue that many see from time to time is that their Bike Computer pairs with eh BLE signal and not the PP ANT+ output.

I suspect Tom will help you resolve this.

Are you seeing speed on your Garmin? Even if you are the PowerPod sometimes might not see that the bike is in motion from the speed sensor (weak battery).

(another) Tom
thanks for the helpful information. I downloaded the velocomp app for IoS and ensured the user profile was set up correctly. Bluetoothed to the powerpod it showed speed and cadence though no power
maykelceli@me.com

Re: PP conectado, sin poder

Post by maykelceli@me.com »

Estoy teniendo los mismos problemas, mi PP no emite datos de potencia al estar conectados con un Garmin Fénix 6
Sabéis cómo lo puedo solucionar? Gracias
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP conectado, sin poder

Post by Velocomp »

maykelceli@me.com wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:18 pm Estoy teniendo los mismos problemas, mi PP no emite datos de potencia al estar conectados con un Garmin Fénix 6
Sabéis cómo lo puedo solucionar? Gracias
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

I had this problem many times (showing power 0w). The PP is ok and the Garmin recognized it.

The problem was the SPEED SENSOR not recognized by the PP. Changing batteries solved MY problem.

cheers