Adjust profile before ride ?

lschaffer

Adjust profile before ride ?

Post by lschaffer »

Hello, i have bought the pp V5 recently.
Calibration has been done and I have made a profile with bike weight 8.4kg (i need another one later because of a lighter wheel set)

My question is do I need to adjust this profile before a ride with the weight of two full bottles (1.5 liter total) ?

Or the best enter the max possible weight into the profile and do not care whether I have one bottle or two?

Laszlo from Graz, Austria
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Adjust profile before ride ?

Post by Velocomp »

Short answer: no.

Total weight of bike and body vary naturally, and slightly, during a bike ride, as water evaporates from your body and as you absorb water from your water bottles (or wherever else you get water when stopping).

On the flats your total weight doesn't really matter, as you are mostly fighting the effect of wind.

On a mountain, where weight does matter, if the total weight of you and your bike is, for example, about 88KG, and the weight of a water bottle is about 0.5 KG, then the incorrect weight "error" of two bottles vs one is 0.5 / 88 = 0.5 %. This is not enough to affect the overall accuracy of your watts calculations on hills.

And remember, since most rides occur on flats AND hills, the overall watts inaccuracy will be less than 0.5%.
John Hamann
lschaffer

Post by lschaffer »

Thanks for the quick reply, I live and ride in a vor-alp region mostly with bigger hills, mountain with steep slopes (+10% ) and just short flats, but than I do not concern about weight changes :D
lschaffer

Post by lschaffer »

Yesterday I have made my first ride, but before this I had to remount the pp so I decided to make another calibration, but now after 50 I turned back I could not go back on the same road fully, so finally I was not sure whether the calibration was success however after 100w the display has shown 0 again. Therefore I would like to ask to check in the attached data file whether the measured data is correct.

Info for the high cadence - low speed data, I have an (own built) road bike (Mavic Wheelset 700x25c ) with MTB Cassette (Garbaruk 11-50) and MTB Crankset (SRAM xx0 28-42) + grx 815 di2 :lol: (and yes it is working well)

Thanks
Attachments
Velocomp_06_25_2022_1606_63_km_HiDef_Passail.ibr
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

lschaffer wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:09 pm Yesterday I have made my first ride, but before this I had to remount the pp so I decided to make another calibration, but now after 50 I turned back I could not go back on the same road fully, so finally I was not sure whether the calibration was success however after 100w the display has shown 0 again. Therefore I would like to ask to check in the attached data file whether the measured data is correct.

Info for the high cadence - low speed data, I have an (own built) road bike (Mavic Wheelset 700x25c ) with MTB Cassette (Garbaruk 11-50) and MTB Crankset (SRAM xx0 28-42) + grx 815 di2 :lol: (and yes it is working well)

Thanks
This looks very good...you're ready to ride!
John Hamann
lschaffer

Post by lschaffer »

Thanks, just for sure I made another calibration same route back now, then another ride, the data looks consistent
I think this a great product for this price (although here in the EU I had to pay nearly 30% custom 😤)

I have a problem with the Android App (crashed on Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra) but i will open another thread about this theme
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

lschaffer wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:45 am Thanks, just for sure I made another calibration same route back now, then another ride, the data looks consistent
I think this a great product for this price (although here in the EU I had to pay nearly 30% custom 😤)

I have a problem with the Android App (crashed on Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra) but i will open another thread about this theme
Which Android app? If the Velocomp app, make sure you've got the latest version...
John Hamann
lschaffer

Post by lschaffer »

Yes the Velocomp, here is a screen recording.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kALG96EswRzKEoVj7

The PP will be found.
Than I wanted to enter weight and other data.
Each time if I tap on a field the app navigates back to the find sensors page.
Although the sensor was found but no profile could be read the profiles in the app are the defaults not the actual profile sent from the Isaac App.

Finally after some tap, rescan the app crashed.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We will investigate...
John Hamann