Not getting much battery life

worralljc

Not getting much battery life

Post by worralljc »

I have a new PowerPod v4 that I have been using for about two months. I'm pairing with a Garmin Edge 520 and I have used the iPhone app. Have not been able to use Isaac.

I find that, after perhaps 3-4 rides (max 7-8 hours usage) I get a notification on my Garmin that the power sensor has a low battery. This seems to be somewhat less than the advertised battery life.

I am wondering if the PowerPod is maintaining a connection to my phone or even my speed sensor after I have stopped riding, and it's draining the battery. Any insights on this?

PS: I'm colour blind and I cannot tell what colour the LED is flashing. It flashes but damned if I know if it's green, red, or yellow

Thanks, James
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Not getting much battery life

Post by Velocomp »

worralljc wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:27 am I have a new PowerPod v4 that I have been using for about two months. I'm pairing with a Garmin Edge 520 and I have used the iPhone app. Have not been able to use Isaac.

I find that, after perhaps 3-4 rides (max 7-8 hours usage) I get a notification on my Garmin that the power sensor has a low battery. This seems to be somewhat less than the advertised battery life.

I am wondering if the PowerPod is maintaining a connection to my phone or even my speed sensor after I have stopped riding, and it's draining the battery. Any insights on this?

PS: I'm colour blind and I cannot tell what colour the LED is flashing. It flashes but damned if I know if it's green, red, or yellow

Thanks, James
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann