Is this my ride today?

doib

Is this my ride today?

Post by doib »

Hi John, for a few days my ppv3, while transmitting correct power values to the garmin, seems to no longer register the rides, except to show races dated a long time ago, which however do not correspond to those stored on my pc. Yesterday I cleared all rides and reset the unit by pressing the button for 12 seconds. Today, upon returning from my training, the only recorded ride was dated February 23, 2022 and started at a completely different time. The recorded distance and elevation data are similar, so it may be the same ride. How can I be sure (if I can)? I've already tried to reset the unit's clock from the download window, but it seems to be fine. It has already happened that, passing unit from one bike to another, the rides were recorded twice, with different names (changes the distance), but with correct times and dates. I attach the tcx file from garmin connect and the one recorded by pp, if possible could you kindly check if it is the same ride? and if so, how can I solve the problem?
A thousand thanks and happy easter.
Davide
Attachments
mtb 2022 17 04.zip
(530.47 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
iBike_2022_02_23_1242_52_km.ibr
(666.92 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Is this my ride today?

Post by Velocomp »

When you reset your PP, you cleared out the stored date/time in it. That's why the timestamp in your ride file is wrong.

I merged the tcx file with your PP file and it lined up perfectly. That's an easy way to tell they are the same thing.

When you connect PP to Isaac the date/time are updated. Your next ride should be fine!

Merged file is attached.
Attachments
MTB_DFPM_04_17_2022_0642_52_km.ibr
(887.12 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
John Hamann
doib

Re: Is this my ride today?

Post by doib »

Very clear, thank you very much!