Powerpod V4 BIG problem

GuidoDH

Powerpod V4 BIG problem

Post by GuidoDH »

Hi everyone, I'm not new to the Powerpod, I've had version 1, version 2 and now version 4 for a year or so.

the problem that has been happening to me for several days and that is driving me crazy is the following.

I reset the PowerPod since I changed stem and handlebar on the bike (integrated handlebar) I 3D printed a new stem and wanted to do a new PowerPod calibration. The PowerPod doesn't want to calibrate itself. As always I followed all the instructions to the letter, pairing the sensors, pairing the powerpod, call ride, stop at 50% (even if it does not stop but continues the count) I stop the same and go back, I arrive at 100% and start to give me the real watts. The problem is that the PowerPod does not save any ride and if I start a next one the call ride starts again from 0…. I resected the profiles and the PowerPod again several times, I configured it from scratch several times, but I have the same problem and it is unusable.

The batteries of the sensors are charged, the PowerPod has always worked, I use ISAAC on the MAC with Catalina on the VMware Fusion Virtual Machine (to avoid problems) I don't know what else to do. If I connect the PowerPod it does not download any laughs, and if I go to look for the profiles I have created two, but not complete, I try to attach screenshots.

The PowerPod has the latest firmware version 9.0 and Isaac is updated to the latest version.

What should I do?
Attachments
Schermata 2022-03-10 alle 18.03.16.png
Schermata 2022-03-10 alle 18.03.16.png (118.15 KiB) Viewed 6627 times
Schermata 2022-03-10 alle 18.03.06.png
Schermata 2022-03-10 alle 18.03.06.png (104.91 KiB) Viewed 6627 times
Schermata 2022-03-10 alle 17.58.12.png
Schermata 2022-03-10 alle 17.58.12.png (101.75 KiB) Viewed 6627 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod V4 BIG problem

Post by Velocomp »

Please post photos showing top, side and front views of how PP is attached to your bike.

Also, it's likely you have some ride files from your unsuccessful cal rides. Please post those, too.
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Hi John, I am attaching the photos of the installation. Until a month ago everything worked in this configuration, then I updated the powerpod to version 9 and the calibration stopped working. I don't even have the old hybrid files because they have all been deleted, both on the mac and on the powerpod. the problem seems to be that the powerpod does not save the ride files. in fact when I connect it after calibration it does not detect any file.

I am also attaching the calibration screenshots saved on garmin connect. the calibration was done on a new asphalt circuit with a difference in height of 9 meters.
Attachments
FEDC8DBB-7BEE-46E7-B2D0-585A0CF1B83E.png
FEDC8DBB-7BEE-46E7-B2D0-585A0CF1B83E.png (60.27 KiB) Viewed 6592 times
8570A423-CADF-42EB-969A-17D837F1B931.jpeg
8570A423-CADF-42EB-969A-17D837F1B931.jpeg (273.57 KiB) Viewed 6592 times
0650D889-E558-4D47-A633-5E4EEEFBF665.jpeg
0650D889-E558-4D47-A633-5E4EEEFBF665.jpeg (178.12 KiB) Viewed 6592 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your unit looks properly mounted.

The calibration sequence is working properly, but not "allowing" the measured coefficients to be accepted.

Press-hold the button of your unit for 12 seconds. Its light will start to flash: keep holding, until the light goes out briefly, then turns back on. Release the button.

This does a hard reset of the device.

Check your wind port to be sure it is not blocked.

Then, do a new cal ride. Hopefully that will work; if not, please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
PhotoSimon

Post by PhotoSimon »

I have this exact same problem. Tried resetting using Isaac several times. The calibration process looks different with FW 9.0 too. Can you please clarify if it has changed? Just about to try the 12 second hard rest
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:06 am Your unit looks properly mounted.

The calibration sequence is working properly, but not "allowing" the measured coefficients to be accepted.

Press-hold the button of your unit for 12 seconds. Its light will start to flash: keep holding, until the light goes out briefly, then turns back on. Release the button.

This does a hard reset of the device.

Check your wind port to be sure it is not blocked.

Then, do a new cal ride. Hopefully that will work; if not, please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
I’ve tried the 12 second hard reset, than i’ve configurated a new profile from isac, and a new cal ride, but the problem remain and the powerpod don’t save the calibration at 100% completed…
PhotoSimon

Post by PhotoSimon »

I've done the full hardware reset holding the power button. Everything now works fine. Calibration process is now back to normal and I'm saving my ride files :D
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

PhotoSimon wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:26 am I've done the full hardware reset holding the power button. Everything now works fine. Calibration process is now back to normal and I'm saving my ride files :D

Today i try another hard reset and new profile setup... and use the iphone instead the Garmin Fenix 6x to registrate the Calibration...
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

So today I tried for the fortieth time to reset the Powerpod V4, I followed the following steps:

1) keep the button pressed for 12 seconds until the orange light disappears.

2) Switch on the Powerpod and hold the button for 4 seconds and paired the sensors (flashing green light which then becomes steady green.

3) open the iOS PowerHouse app, connected the powerpod sensor

4) configured a new profile for the powerpod and accepted on the App.

5) Started the App in Freeride Mode to view the power. (both cadence and speed works, all OK)

6) Arrived at the starting point of the circuit (the powerpod flashes green and red)

7) I press the powerpod button and it switches to flashing yellow, I start for calibration and the watts go up to 50, but here is the problem, nothing stops at 50, the watts continue, I stop, I turn the bike in the direction opposite and I start again, the watts display restarts from 0 to 52 or 53 and goes on up to 100, but at 100 it starts counting the watts again from zero. It does not save the calibration.

I have always calibrated the powerpods (the 2, 3 and 4) always like this and they have always worked, I use a circuit behind the house with smooth asphalt and little slope that I do several times, when it first reached 50 I turned the bike and walked the circuit in the opposite direction, so I don't think it's a road problem. What do you say. Since I upgraded to firmware 9 it doesn't do calibration anymore.
Attachments
Schermata 2022-03-15 alle 18.07.44.png
Schermata 2022-03-15 alle 18.07.44.png (95.27 KiB) Viewed 6480 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Either your unit is mounted at an angle too high or too low, or something is wrong with it.

Please post photos showing how your device is attached to your bike, front and side views.

If you have Isaac software you can send a ride file; otherwise, please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:45 pm Either your unit is mounted at an angle too high or too low, or something is wrong with it.

Please post photos showing how your device is attached to your bike, front and side views.

If you have Isaac software you can send a ride file; otherwise, please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
Thanks John, I contacted technical support and TOM replied, I sent all the photos to him. The strange thing is that the powerpod after firmware version 9 no longer records any laughs. I reset it multiple times like you told me.

I will continue to keep everyone updated, so that it can be useful ... always if we fix the problem ...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

GuidoDH wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Velocomp wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:45 pm Either your unit is mounted at an angle too high or too low, or something is wrong with it.

Thanks John, I contacted technical support and TOM replied, I sent all the photos to him. The strange thing is that the powerpod after firmware version 9 no longer records any laughs. I reset it multiple times like you told me.

I will continue to keep everyone updated, so that it can be useful ... always if we fix the problem ...
..."no longer records any laughs..."?

I don't understand. Do you have Isaac software on your computer?
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 pm
GuidoDH wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:02 pm

..."no longer records any laughs..."?

I don't understand. Do you have Isaac software on your computer?
Yes i have Isaac on VMware (catalina) on my Intel Mac.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post the most recent .ibr ride file you have.
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:30 pm Please post the most recent .ibr ride file you have.
Unfortunately, I don't have any .ibr files because I had to reinstall vmware from scratch with a new installation...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please do a short ride and post the .ibr ride file.

Before doing the ride to a hard reset on your PP.

Also, connect your PP to Isaac, go to Edit/Edit Profiles, and click the "Get from Device" button. Export the profile (*.ibp) to your desktop and post it here.
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:16 am Please do a short ride and post the .ibr ride file.

Also, connect your PP to Isaac, go to Edit/Edit Profiles, and click the "Get from Device" button. Export the profile (*.ibp) to your desktop and post it here.

Hi John, I exchanged some emails with TOM of assistance, today I also sent a video of the problem and I have not yet found a solution, unfortunately the powerpod does not record any activity and does not calibrate, I also forward a screen that appeared to me if I try to see if there are any files on it. As if the powerpod is not enabled to download files ...
Attachments
Schermata 2022-03-16 alle 19.40.45.png
Schermata 2022-03-16 alle 19.40.45.png (115.47 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

GuidoDH wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:46 pm
Velocomp wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:16 am Please do a short ride and post the .ibr ride file.

Hi John, I exchanged some emails with TOM of assistance, today I also sent a video of the problem and I have not yet found a solution, unfortunately the powerpod does not record any activity and does not calibrate, I also forward a screen that appeared to me if I try to see if there are any files on it. As if the powerpod is not enabled to download files ...
Connect your PP to Isaac and do the following:

1) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles
2) Click the "Get from Device" button. The profile in your PP will be transferred to Isaac
3) Click the "Export" button
4) Post the profile file
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:44 pm
GuidoDH wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:46 pm

Connect your PP to Isaac and do the following:

1) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles
2) Click the "Get from Device" button. The profile in your PP will be transferred to Isaac
3) Click the "Export" button
4) Post the profile file
Tom sent me a beta of firmware 9.1, I installed it, first of course I reset the powerpod, then I set up a new profile and went out for calibration. The problem remains, at 50% the calibration doesn't stop, but it continues and I can't stop and go back. I obviously stopped and went back, but at 100% completion the powerpod continues starting at 0, as if the calibration is going in a loop. I am attaching the file extracted from the profile calibration powerpod.
I also attach the two files taken from Garmin, as you can see the power goes up, then I stop at 50%, I go back, it reaches 100%, but then it doesn't start calculating the real power, it starts again as you can see from the graph. This time I also changed the route.
Attachments
Schermata 2022-03-22 alle 17.43.58.png
Schermata 2022-03-22 alle 17.43.58.png (284.57 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
Schermata 2022-03-22 alle 17.43.03.png
Schermata 2022-03-22 alle 17.43.03.png (49.67 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
Profile01extracted.ibp.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post .Ibr ride file
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:37 pm Please post .Ibr ride file
Unfortunately, as said from the beginning, inside the powerpod there is no IBR file, in fact when I go to see it tells me 100% free memory and no file available for download. I only have the calibration file I attached earlier.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

GuidoDH wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:43 pm
Unfortunately, as said from the beginning, inside the powerpod there is no IBR file, in fact when I go to see it tells me 100% free memory and no file available for download. I only have the calibration file I attached earlier.
Based on your profile, it appears there may be a problem with your wind calibration.

Did this problem just start happening?

If your unit worked in the past, please attach a successful ride file.
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:25 pm
GuidoDH wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:43 pm
Based on your profile, it appears there may be a problem with your wind calibration.

Did this problem just start happening?

If your unit worked in the past, please attach a successful ride file.
The powerpod worked great, after updating the firmware to version 9 he started having this problem. Unfortunately having reinstalled Isaac from scratch on a Virtual machine (Vmware for mac) I have no previous .ibr files...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I think you should probably send your unit to us for examination. Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
benbob

Post by benbob »

Let me know how you get on as I have a similar problem (albeit with an older model), Will not complete an out and back ride and the wind scaling is way off. just saved all my profiles and going for another hard reset. not hopeful it will work.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

benbob wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:49 am Let me know how you get on as I have a similar problem (albeit with an older model), Will not complete an out and back ride and the wind scaling is way off. just saved all my profiles and going for another hard reset. not hopeful it will work.
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
Veloreto

Post by Veloreto »

I just started having this issue last week. Same version, same 50. I am also in contact with Tom G. Has there been any resolution?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Veloreto wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:39 pm I just started having this issue last week. Same version, same 50. I am also in contact with Tom G. Has there been any resolution?
Please wait for Tom to respond. He is an expert.
John Hamann