Announcing PowerPod V5

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Announcing PowerPod V5

Post by Velocomp »

PowerPod V5 features new sensors, more accurate data recording, and simpler setup
  • A new 24 bit wind sensor, designed and manufactured exclusively for Velocomp, provides better and higher resolution wind measurements
  • A new 24 bit barometric pressure sensor provides more accurate elevation measurement
  • New Firmware 9 (factory installed) uses 24 bit data to deliver better power measurement accuracy
  • New Velocomp app for iOS/Android lets you set up as many as four bikes from your smartphone, without using Isaac software
  • Velocomp app also includes a bike computer screen displaying instantaneous and average power, speed, calories, distance, cadence, and also a graphical display of your zone % FTP
The new Velocomp app for iOS/Android will be available soon.

AND: for a limited time only, PP V5 ships with TWO handlebar mounts and TWO ANT+ speed sensors...everything you need for both bikes.

https://velocomp.com/products/power-pod-v5
Attachments
IMG_2206.PNG
IMG_2206.PNG (42.82 KiB) Viewed 29656 times
IMG_2202.PNG
IMG_2202.PNG (56.73 KiB) Viewed 29656 times
IMG_2212.PNG
IMG_2212.PNG (114.37 KiB) Viewed 29656 times
John Hamann
albafar

Re: Announcing PowerPod V5

Post by albafar »

My V.4 was upgraded to FW 9 today. Will the app also work with earlier PP generations?

Looking forward to a cloud based mobile Isaac app one day with high speed upload of rides and no need to connnect to computer via cable….
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

albafar wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:50 pm My V.4 was upgraded to FW 9 today. Will the app also work with earlier PP generations?

Looking forward to a cloud based mobile Isaac app one day with high speed upload of rides and no need to connnect to computer via cable….
Yes, the app will work with V4 units.

Remember: power data from PowerPod is recorded by your bike computer...just the way every other power meter provides its data.
John Hamann
albafar

Post by albafar »

True, but Power is also recorded by PP for deep dive analysis in Isaac which does provide great metrics and insights. I know Isaac is a "beast" but it's getting increasingly overdue for not only a makeover but a complete new version. Currently Isaac requires a wired computer connection to perform a rather cumbersome upload process - especially if you have several longer rides incl. PowerStroke date. And the UI as such is generations behind the current state of comparable software. With a simpler app supported setup and calibration process I could see Isaac move towards only being used for analytical purposes. But that still would benefit hugely from seamless wireless connectivity to phones/tablets - just like Garmin Connect, Strave etc. That is if your plan is to keep such a powerful analytical tool available.

Looking forward to the new app :)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

albafar wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:06 am True, but Power is also recorded by PP for deep dive analysis in Isaac which does provide great metrics and insights. I know Isaac is a "beast" but it's getting increasingly overdue for not only a makeover but a complete new version. Currently Isaac requires a wired computer connection to perform a rather cumbersome upload process - especially if you have several longer rides incl. PowerStroke date. And the UI as such is generations behind the current state of comparable software. With a simpler app supported setup and calibration process I could see Isaac move towards only being used for analytical purposes. But that still would benefit hugely from seamless wireless connectivity to phones/tablets - just like Garmin Connect, Strave etc. That is if your plan is to keep such a powerful analytical tool available.

Looking forward to the new app :)
It will cost many tens of thousands of dollars to update Isaac as you suggest. That is impossible to justify for a free app.
John Hamann
albafar

Post by albafar »

Can imagine :shock:
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

hi john,
as i read in the ppv5 chart highlights the new version does not have the powerstroke analisys as my ppv4. mmmm is that correct?

thanks!!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kdx200 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:54 am hi john,
as i read in the ppv5 chart highlights the new version does not have the powerstroke analisys as my ppv4. mmmm is that correct?

thanks!!
PP V5 has all of the options available to PP V4, including PowerStroke. If you have PowerStoke in your V4 and choose to upgrade to V5, we will install PowerStroke in your V5 at no charge.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kdx200 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:54 am hi john,

thanks!!
I looked at our website comparison charts and saw they were confusing. We are fixing this now.
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

very difficult to aply for the new ppv5 NOW as iam living abroad and its near impossible to import electronics here.

looking for someone who is traveling the US!

i used the whole PP versions... V1, V2, V3 and V4....always doing the trade in option!

thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kdx200 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:09 pm very difficult to aply for the new ppv5 NOW as iam living abroad and its near impossible to import electronics here.

looking for someone who is traveling the US!

i used the whole PP versions... V1, V2, V3 and V4....always doing the trade in option!

thanks
Where are you located?
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

Argentina...South America.
rhgastur

Post by rhgastur »

Is there a safe way to apply for the trade in option from UK?
I am thinking that the customs duties maybe will take most of the money I would save...
I would send back a PP v1
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

rhgastur wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:08 am Is there a safe way to apply for the trade in option from UK?
I am thinking that the customs duties maybe will take most of the money I would save...
I would send back a PP v1
We can make this work. Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps/
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

Hi,
the last 2 times i went to the US, the V5 was out of stock( during 2021 and 2022).

Now....going there in early june..... v5 out of stock...

any chance to do my trade (ppv4) in the next weeks?

thanks
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

Any news?

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kdx200 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:34 pm Any news?

Thanks
I sent you a private email on May 27. I just resent it; please check!
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

Hi, ive been sending several emails regarding my trade in (pp vs the new one ppv5).
No replies.. are you there?

thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Super odd...please forward your email to me and I will make sure Tom responds.

jhamann@velocomp.com
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

John, yes already sent to you, to Tom and also the velocomp gmail .

thanks
KLMSPD

Post by KLMSPD »

Hi I am a long time user of Velocomp products. My current PowerPod is a V3, it is beginning to have problems connecting to my computer. It is beat up with a cracked case but still functions. I see Velocomp is out of stock?
Is there still a trade- in option? I am a returning customer and have had 4 version, two of which have been power pods.
Thx
Karl
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

KLMSPD wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:47 pm Hi I am a long time user of Velocomp products. My current PowerPod is a V3, it is beginning to have problems connecting to my computer. It is beat up with a cracked case but still functions. I see Velocomp is out of stock?
Is there still a trade- in option? I am a returning customer and have had 4 version, two of which have been power pods.
Thx
Karl
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

In the past 2 weeks i send several mail about a problem with Powerpod V4 and a possible tradein for the V5… but no one reply me. I wrote to John, to Technical Support to Orders…
Can anyone reply me? It’s a long story (all in the mail) and i’m a old user of all version of powerpod.

Thanks!

Guido
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

GuidoDH wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:49 am In the past 2 weeks i send several mail about a problem with Powerpod V4 and a possible tradein for the V5… but no one reply me. I wrote to John, to Technical Support to Orders…
Can anyone reply me? It’s a long story (all in the mail) and i’m a old user of all version of powerpod.

Thanks!

Guido
Hmm...Tom normally replies within a few hours. Please check your spam folder, and please email tgore2@velocomp.com and also technicalsupport@velocomp.com with your question.
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:04 am
GuidoDH wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:49 am In the past 2 weeks i send several mail about a problem with Powerpod V4 and a possible tradein for the V5… but no one reply me. I wrote to John, to Technical Support to Orders…

Thanks!

Guido
Hmm...Tom normally replies within a few hours. Please check your spam folder, and please email tgore2@velocomp.com and also technicalsupport@velocomp.com with your question.
I've sended another mail to technical support.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you don't get a response within 24 hours please let me know.
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:18 am If you don't get a response within 24 hours please let me know.
No response... I've controlled Spam but there isn't any response. Control your spam... my mail is: guidorolando@gmail.com . thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

GuidoDH wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:11 am
Velocomp wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:18 am If you don't get a response within 24 hours please let me know.
No response... I've controlled Spam but there isn't any response. Control your spam... my mail is: guidorolando@gmail.com . thanks!
For some reason your emails do not seem to be getting to us. Please email me at jhamann@velocomp.com
John Hamann
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:34 am
For some reason your emails do not seem to be getting to us. Please email me at jhamann@velocomp.com
Hi Tom responded me, thanks!
GuidoDH

Post by GuidoDH »

Velocomp wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:34 am
Hi John I wrote a mail to your address jhamann@velocomp.com because Tom doesn't respond me, take a look.

Thanks!

Guido