Multiple issues with PP V3

tompo

Multiple issues with PP V3

Post by tompo »

I'm having a few issues with my PP V3.

1. PP does not seem to be recording HR and cadence data on downloaded rides in Isaac. Not sure when this started and haven't been bothered but would like to sort it.

2. Wind is all over the place and massively out. According to ride I have posted head wind was 49mph and Tailwind 2mph.

3. During wet rides power drops badly. Power is way below what it is on dry rides. This usually sorts itself out but following a wet ride last weekend power is still out. Often showing zero, even when pedalling. Only time it seems correct is when riding uphill.

4. In an effort to sort out some or all of the problems I did a factory reset. Tried to do a calibration ride this morning. Got the red/green flashing lights and starting pedalling. Numbers went up to 50, I turned and rode back. Got to 100 and numbers started going up from zero again. Got to 100 and same thing. Tried several times but same result. This afternoon I tried again. This time with a new battery in the cadence sensor. This time got to 100 and back to zero. After a few seconds the zero disappeared from the screen which showed --. Red/green lights were still flashing and when I pressed the button the zero reappeared but disappeared after a few seconds.
Attachments
iBike_01_03_2022_0900_40_Miles.ibr
(393.29 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Multiple issues with PP V3

Post by Velocomp »

Your wind port appears to be plugged, causing low wind readings.

There is no wireless ID for HR, so that's why you aren't seeing it.

There is a wireless ID for cadence, but I'm wondering if you are using a different profile. You should do a new sensor pairing.

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for assistance with your wind port issue.
John Hamann
tompo

Post by tompo »

Thank you.

Had a look at the wind port last night. It looked quite wet so I placed the PP close to a radiator overnight.

Was able to calibrate PP and get a ride in earlier. Power looked normal, up to where I stopped for coffee. By the time I restarted it had started to rain and snow quite heavily and most of homeward ride was pretty much in to the wind. When I downloaded the ride, first part of ride looked OK, even the wind data, However, the return leg data seemed to have been affected by the rain.

Cadence seems to be working OK now and it turns out the HRM needed a new battery. So that is all good.

As you suggested, I will e-mail technical support about the wind port. I'm also thinking of getting a pitot tube to see if that will sort the riding in the rain issues.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

tompo wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:08 pm Thank you.

Had a look at the wind port last night. It looked quite wet so I placed the PP close to a radiator overnight.

Was able to calibrate PP and get a ride in earlier. Power looked normal, up to where I stopped for coffee. By the time I restarted it had started to rain and snow quite heavily and most of homeward ride was pretty much in to the wind. When I downloaded the ride, first part of ride looked OK, even the wind data, However, the return leg data seemed to have been affected by the rain.

Cadence seems to be working OK now and it turns out the HRM needed a new battery. So that is all good.

As you suggested, I will e-mail technical support about the wind port. I'm also thinking of getting a pitot tube to see if that will sort the riding in the rain issues.
Pitot tube will definitely help if you do a lot of riding in rainy conditions.

You can blow out the wind port with your breath to speed-up its drying.
John Hamann