Wind and slope stop reporting but power ok

Wobblydrow

Wind and slope stop reporting but power ok

Post by Wobblydrow »

Just did a big 250km ride, after 60km we stopped for coffee and I turned my PP and garmin off. After I reconnected and power was ok, but after ride, wind and slope were a flat line, any ideas why that might be
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Wind and slope stop reporting but power ok

Post by Velocomp »

Wobblydrow wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:34 am Just did a big 250km ride, after 60km we stopped for coffee and I turned my PP and garmin off. After I reconnected and power was ok, but after ride, wind and slope were a flat line, any ideas why that might be

Please post .ibr ride file.
John Hamann
Wobblydrow

Post by Wobblydrow »

When i downloaded the files for the ride into Isaac, it appears that as i stopped the PP to save battery life during the ride, it saved all the rides as seperate files, however, my garmin only recorded the power once the second part of the ride commenced. This is interesting as the wind on the garmin widget works the first part of the ride, but from the second part does not pick the signal up again, or the slope, but does continue to see power.Why might the garmin only see part of the data signal upon reconnecting to the PP? I dont get this if i turn the garmin off, e.g. on a commute before and after work, it only appears to happen if PP is off and garmin set to stop , then reconnected and started again

Here is the first and second parts of the ride, part 1 garmin all ok, part two only power reported, but all ok in isaac
Attachments
12_27_2021_0546_37_km.ibr
(371.26 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
12_27_2021_0744_121_km.ibr
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Wobblydrow wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:00 pm When i downloaded the files for the ride into Isaac, it appears that as i stopped the PP to save battery life during the ride, it saved all the rides as seperate files, however, my garmin only recorded the power once the second part of the ride commenced. This is interesting as the wind on the garmin widget works the first part of the ride, but from the second part does not pick the signal up again, or the slope, but does continue to see power.Why might the garmin only see part of the data signal upon reconnecting to the PP? I dont get this if i turn the garmin off, e.g. on a commute before and after work, it only appears to happen if PP is off and garmin set to stop , then reconnected and started again

Here is the first and second parts of the ride, part 1 garmin all ok, part two only power reported, but all ok in isaac
There are mysterious things in Garmin communications that we do not understand. You have stumbled across one of them.

It appears that, after stopping, the ConnectIQ app did not "reconnect" with slope and wind channel. Why this happened I do not know. To avoid this situation in the future you might want to power off the Garmin during your breaks, then restart everything afresh when you resume riding.
John Hamann