calibration screen

Wobblydrow

calibration screen

Post by Wobblydrow »

Hi
I have asked before but never really got a good answer. The instructions for calibration says the out will stop and hold at 50 count until come to a stop and then start on the back leg to 100, however, my PP3 never does this, it will continue past 50, and due to the 3-6 second delay will often reach 55 by time i come to a stop. What effect does this have on the calibration as will often reach the 100 count back at an earlier position due to the out leg reaching>50, and why doesnt it behave according to instructions?. I hard and done multiple different bikes, every time same thing happens.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: calibration screen

Post by Velocomp »

The cal ride assumes you're traveling at least 10 mph. This is generally true, but if you're doing the out portion of the cal ride on an uphill, your speed might be less.

At the 50 mark you're supposed to slow down, stop, and turn around. However, if, at the 50 mark, you're traveling less than 10 mph, then PP will think you've slowed down and will continue the cal ride, counting towards 100.

If you turn around soon after the 50 mark you won't have a significant calibration problem.
John Hamann