Mount tilt

albafar

Mount tilt

Post by albafar »

I received my v4 PowerPod yesterday and am looking forward to try it. The old v2 I had mounted on K-Edge XL Garmin combo mounts. It was mounted level to the ground. With the v4 I understand it is ideal to have it pointing slightly downward to allow rain to run out of the pitot tube. But by doing so the Garmin also gets a negative downward tilt which I really would like to avoid. Any ideas on how to overcome this? Are there any mounts out there allowing for separate Garmin and GoPro tilt adjustment?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Mount tilt

Post by Velocomp »

albafar wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:58 am I received my v4 PowerPod yesterday and am looking forward to try it. The old v2 I had mounted on K-Edge XL Garmin combo mounts. It was mounted level to the ground. With the v4 I understand it is ideal to have it pointing slightly downward to allow rain to run out of the pitot tube. But by doing so the Garmin also gets a negative downward tilt which I really would like to avoid. Any ideas on how to overcome this? Are there any mounts out there allowing for separate Garmin and GoPro tilt adjustment?
I'm not aware of any such mount...maybe someone else has an idea.

I would start by angling your Garmin as low as you like. Likely the V4 performance will be fine.
John Hamann
albafar

Post by albafar »

Meanwhile I came across Japanese Rec-Mounts who might have a solution that fits the bill: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Rec-%E2%8 ... ts&sr=1-76
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

albafar wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:52 am Meanwhile I came across Japanese Rec-Mounts who might have a solution that fits the bill: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Rec-%E2%8 ... ts&sr=1-76
I can't tell how GoPro adapter attaches to mount. If it is directly beneath the Garmin attachment, I'm not sure this solves your problem.
John Hamann