Calibration Check on a new Bike

dmwelk

Calibration Check on a new Bike

Post by dmwelk »

John could you take a look at this out and back after my calibration ride. My friction came back at a -0.248. When I tried to send the profile to the Powerpod I get a notification box saying that -0.248 is outside the allowable parameters 0f .10 to 100.00
Isaac screenshot.PNG
Isaac screenshot.PNG (56.69 KiB) Viewed 4516 times
Velocomp_07_23_2021_1532_26_Miles.ibr
(371.05 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Calibration Check on a new Bike

Post by Velocomp »

The problem is that you changed your mounting angle between the original cal ride and this ride.

Please post the original, "unrepaired" ride file, and I will fix things for you.
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

That is interesting, because I switched bikes with the Powerpod, set up a new profile with the new bike specs and did a new calibration. Ride (0-50 out, 50-100 back) and then went on my 26 mile regular out and back. When I viewed the data in Isaac my wind figures seemed out of whack. It showed a massive tail wind both out and back.
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

I posted the original 1 mile out and back calibration ride from 7/22. after I did the 7/22 calibration ride, I went on a 32 mile out and back, i did draft another rider roughly between miles 20 to 30 in this initial post calibration ride. While riding the power numbers were low from the numbers I typically produce when riding a tempo pace. When I downloaded the the two rides on 7/22 (1 mile out and back calibration, 32 mile out and back post calibration). Isaac showed a big discrepancy in bike speed and wind speed. I figured this was because I drafted a good close to a 10 mile segment of the 32 miles. So on 7/23 I did another 26 mile out and back and the power numbers seemed low with the bike speed and wind speed being off by about 10 mph. My powerpod is mounted on a bike computer mount out front. It is rock solid no way it could move. I will post all three unrepaired original rides. If you can make the adjustments, great! If not, I have no problem doing another calibration and post calibration ride and go from there. I appreciate the assistance.
Attachments
Velocomp_07_23_2021_1532_26_Miles.ibr
(251.71 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Velocomp_07_22_2021_1529_32_Miles.ibr
(308.66 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Velocomp_07_22_2021_1522_1_Miles.ibr
(14.46 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

John here is the calibration ride and 20 mile out and back I did this morning. If you could look at these two and make the necessary adjustments. Also I'm not understanding the issue I'm Having. I thought if I set up a bike 2 profile and did the setup process for that bike and did a calibration ride followed by and out and back ride to check the results everything should be good. Why is my powerpod showing such drastic differences between my bike speed and wind speed. My powerpod is not moving at the proper angle and with nothing blocking the wind port. So I'm a little mystified
Attachments
Velocomp_07_24_2021_0954_2_Miles.ibr
(21.63 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Velocomp_07_24_2021_1002_20_Miles.ibr
(200.17 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your ride file shows that your unit did not complete a calibration ride.

Please check the instructions to learn how a cal ride is done.

In the mean time, I have used your 20 mile ride to correct your ride file and create a profile. You should be able to load this profile into your device and get good results.
Attachments
dmwelk.ibp
(507 Bytes) Downloaded 94 times
dmwelk_corr_07_24_2021_1002_20_Miles.ibr
(251.26 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

When I do my calibration, I typically ride to a cycling/walking trail roughly two miles from my home. Once I arrive to the trail, I make sure that my speed and cadence sensor are awake, turn on the powerpod. Once on I hold the power button down until I get a green flashing light. Once the light flashes green, I release the power button and wait for 3 red blinks and a solid green for cadence and speed sensor pairing. Once paired I push the power button and get a yellow light for a good pairing. Next is where I'm having problems. After checking for the solid yellow to verify pairing. I then start riding and after 10 or so seconds I should get a blinking yellow/red light. Once I get the blinking yellow/red I'm ready for calibration. The direction state to push the power button after you get the yellow/red and proceed on your out 0 to 50 ride. The last couple calibrations the powerpod would start the 0 to 50 runup before I pushed the power button to start the calibration 0-50 out. Once I hit 50 I thought I the powerpod was suppose to hold at 50 while I stop turn around, push the power button again to start the 50 to 100 back. My Powerpod never stops at 50 it just continues until I stop pedaling. Then I ride until 100. Once I hit 100 it start registering power. Which part of the process do I have wrong?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The instructions do not tell you to push the button at the turnaround point. If you do that you'll restart the calibration ride.

At the turnaround point you stop, turn around, and ride back. You don't push any buttons.
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

In the past I haven't pushed the power button at 50/turnaround point. I'm not sure why i did it today. Other than that do I have the rest of the steps correct. I appreciate the assistance.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

dmwelk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:54 pm In the past I haven't pushed the power button at 50/turnaround point. I'm not sure why i did it today. Other than that do I have the rest of the steps correct. I appreciate the assistance.
Did you upgrade from a PowerPod Lite?
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

yes, i purchased the $65 upgrade to the V4
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

dmwelk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:45 am yes, i purchased the $65 upgrade to the V4
PPL does not require "click button" to start calibration step; a regular PP does.

Apparently our upgrade key does not change this functionality as it should; we will fix this in the next FW upgrade.

In the mean time, if you load the profile from the previous post you should be all set.
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

So once you get the flashing red/green, you just do the out and back? No need to push the power button to initiate calibration?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

For powerpod models, once you see the flashing green and red, you ride to the place where you want to begin your calibration ride. Once there, you click the button one time to start the calibration. The light will flash yellow during your ride from 0 to 50. At the 50 mark it will go to solid red, you slow down, stop, then turn around. the light will flash yellow. When you reach 100, flashing yellow light will go out, calibration is complete, and actual watts will be displayed. Note that at the 50 mark, you do not click the button.
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

Issue I was having, after confirming a good cadence/speed sensor pairing by pressing the power button and getting a solid yellow. I would start riding to get the flashing red/green. My PP would start counting 0-50 calibration before pushing the power button to initiate calibration.