List of aprox values?

Rembert

List of aprox values?

Post by Rembert »

Hello there

I want to use the PP with my Enduro bike. I did the setup just like with my canyon road race bike (O&B and adjusted settings in Isaac). Now what bothers me is that seemingly the aero of the enduro value is lower than with my road bike?! And the friction also only a tad higher than my race bike (the enduro has 29" Fat Albert 3,5 width). Values while riding are quite low and not believable...

What values should I type in? Maybe we could create some excel sheet with rr values for known MTB tyre types and aero of typical riding positions (XC, Enduro)...
Screenshot 2021-07-11 224434.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-11 224434.jpg (54.72 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: List of aprox values?

Post by Velocomp »

Aero and Fric values are based on measurements; in particular, Aero will be related to where the unit is mounted on the bike.

You are OK; these numbers can be very different from bike to bike.
John Hamann
Rembert

Post by Rembert »

Thanks for your answer. Please forgive me on insisting in this topic. Thing is that I get really odd values (around 20-30 Watts lower than PP shows on my road bike). And I dont quite understand how PP could know that I have the slowest tire on earth mounted on my "moving brick wall" (from aero perspektive). So I guess I would have to dial in reasonable numbers for aero and friction in Isaac, no?

I am aware that "Consistency is more important than accuracy". Still I would like to train on two very different bikes and still know if I had made progress on a specific run. At the moment I always seem to have super bad days when going on my enduro bike...

I hope you can help me on this.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The only way to help is if you post ride files from both bikes.
John Hamann
Rembert

Post by Rembert »

Thanks again for helping. Here are two rides. One with my canyon road bike and one with my specialized enduro (brand names define profile names).

As you will see at least one of the profiles must be quite off. I have taken the longer ride (road bike) and did a "change profile after the ride" to see how plausible the settings of the profile for my enduro are (I canceled the operation just for information purposes). Isaac tells me that if I had used the enduro I would have produced 1! Watt more average power?!

Something cannot be right here I guess...
Screenshot 2021-07-13 102545.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-13 102545.jpg (47.49 KiB) Viewed 2678 times
Attachments
Velocomp_06_22_2021_1827_33_km.ibr
(374.03 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Velocomp_06_27_2021_0831_138_km.ibr
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
Rembert

Post by Rembert »

I would be very grateful for a quick response since I am leaving for my transalp tour tomorrow morning. And I would like to "refine" settings before that. It would be a good opportunity to test the PP´s usabilty on such a long trip...

Thanks for your help

You have 2 bikes here: one appears to be a MTB, the other a road bike.

Both profiles look reasonable. Your MTB watts are much lower because your average speed is 9.8 MPH on it, vs 16.1 on the road bike.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I am traveling and likely won’t be able to respond until tomorrow.
John Hamann
Rembert

Post by Rembert »

thanks for your answer. Then I´ll just ride and see whats happening...