New HR Strap

luxmoggy

New HR Strap

Post by luxmoggy »

Hello
Is it possible to swap HR straps without doing a new calibration ride?
Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New HR Strap

Post by Velocomp »

No; however, once the cal ride is complete you can copy over the factors from your old cal ride, so that you will have continuity of profiles.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Is it just the strap or the sensor, too? - If you go for a ride and the PP still records your HR, this may indicate that you won't need another cal ride.

It may well be that the ID won't change with just a new strap.

Either way, if you do your calibration in the same location as your previous calibration, you can always look at the previous calibration values and see how much they remain the same - I have done several cal rides - with the same setup, but over the same route for my calibrations and find only small differences in the parameters - where I might just take averages of those parameters - which may improve the calibration overall. But then I also do not remove my PP from my bike, so the tilt should never change.
luxmoggy

Post by luxmoggy »

It is a strap and sensor (Garmin so they are one and the same)... so it is a cal ride... At the moment I can't run the software as my MacBook updated before I saw the warning... I hope that a friend will let me install the software on their laptop do help me do this...