race number and powerpod

doib

race number and powerpod

Post by doib »

Hello John,
today i took part in a mtb race. I brought my PP v3 to keep the power in check, but upon putting the number on the handlebar I realized it would block the wind port. However, during the warm up it seemed that the watts were quite correct, so I decided to race without changing anything. Only later, looking at the segments on strava, I see that the power was quite low, and the NP also seemed low. Clearly it is not a complaint, it is obvious that in those conditions the PP could not function properly. But I ask you if you could kindly correct the power profile, to get more realistic data. For the next times I will try to study a different solution, even if it does not seem easy to me (any suggestion is welcome). I add a photo of the positioning (you can not see very well but I hope it will be useful). It must be said that the weather conditions were a bit extreme and after about an hour and a half it started to rain, but I don't think that was what caused the problem.
Thank you!
Attachments
powerpod+number.jpg
powerpod+number.jpg (51.71 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
iBike_2021_06_06_0901_51_km.ibr
(751.89 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: race number and powerpod

Post by Velocomp »

Unfortunately your wind port was blocked; there is no wind data to correct.

If you have a pitot tube, a simple thing you can do is connect it to a flexible plastic tube. You can snake the tube around to a location where there is a clear view of the wind.

I do this with one of my AeroPods, which I mount beneath the top tube. It works quite well...

Unfortunately the image is upside down...but you will get the point!
Attachments
IMG_0796.jpeg
IMG_0796.jpeg (284.78 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
John Hamann