Crr Value not Taking

mo_mo

Crr Value not Taking

Post by mo_mo »

I've recently had some problems where the PowerPod shows extremely low power or zero. I've tracked it down to the profile somehow becoming corrupted with a Crr that is negative, but when I push a 'good' profile from Isaac back to the PowerPod it won't take the full profile only parts of it.

Starting from Isaac-> Device -> Reset Profile/Device and Reseting all profiles both individually and Complete Device Resets multiple times, I've pulled the default profile from Isaac (attached Profile - Reset Default.pbp). I then send the profile I want Isaac -> Edit -> Edit Profiles -> Send to Device (attached Profile - Dialed-in.ibp). Then I select Extract from Device (Profile - Dialed-in export from bike.ibp). The extracted profile shows correctly except for the Crr & Friction values are wrong. If I correct it by holding Tilt constant, and send it back to the device, it doesn't take.

What's preventing the PowerPod from taking the profile, and how do I work around it?
Attachments
Profile - Dialed-in export from bike.ibp
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 108 times
Profile - Dialed-in.ibp
(368 Bytes) Downloaded 115 times
Profile - Reset Default.ibp
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 113 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Crr Value not Taking

Post by Velocomp »

When the stored value of rolling resistance is negative, this means the orientation of the unit on your bike has shifted significantly.

You should do a new cal ride with your unit in its current position.
John Hamann
mo_mo

Re: Crr Value not Taking

Post by mo_mo »

I definitely knocked it out of position and thought I had returned it back to the original stop. I'm not sure why the PowerPod didn't fully take the profile with the bike sitting in a stand, but things appear all good again.

Thanks!