PowerPod Calibration

pierfrancesco

PowerPod Calibration

Post by pierfrancesco »

Hi, after a winter break, I had to recalibrate several times despite not having changed anything in my setup. after many failed calibrations I was able to do this calibration. I am attaching the calibration file and the run file. Are the values correct? Thank you.
Attachments
Velocomp_05_05_2021_1749_14_km.ibr
(163.08 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
profilo.ibp
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 99 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod Calibration

Post by Velocomp »

Two things:

1) Your speed sensor is intermittent. This may be the cause of your calibration problems. I would replace its battery

2) Your unit was bumped near the end of the ride, causing large watts until the device self corrected. Make sure it is tight on the mount

You show a lot of tailwind near the end of the ride. Were you riding in a group?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 9.13.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 9.13.38 AM.png (453.77 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
John Hamann
pierfrancesco

Post by pierfrancesco »

1 tomorrow I will replace the sensor battery.
2 the sensor is firmly attached to the stem, could it have been a hole?
3 I was alone, but at that moment I was uphill and had a strong southerly wind behind me.
Thank you very much
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It's possible you hit a pot hole. Your unit went back to the same orientation in 90 seconds.

Yes, it was a very strong tail wind!
John Hamann
pierfrancesco

Post by pierfrancesco »

The speed sensor malfunctioned even with a new battery. I have repaired the electrical contacts of the sensor. Now works. I'll do a test tomorrow.
pierfrancesco

Post by pierfrancesco »

Everything looks okay, the problem was the speed sensor. I redid the calibration and a test ride. attached the two files. is everything regular? Only one problem, the name of the ride file did not match the actual date of the day. I renamed it myself. thank you very much.
Attachments
RIDE FILE.ibr
(413.17 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
profilo_NUOVO.ibp
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 103 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

pierfrancesco wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:03 pm Everything looks okay, the problem was the speed sensor. I redid the calibration and a test ride. attached the two files. is everything regular? Only one problem, the name of the ride file did not match the actual date of the day. I renamed it myself. thank you very much.
Yes, this looks perfect.

When you did a hard reset of your PP its date and time was erased. Now that you have downloaded a ride file its internal clock has been restored.
John Hamann
pierfrancesco

Post by pierfrancesco »

I suspected it. Thank you very much, you are a guarantee