PowerPod V1 Failed Calibration

Mattyb

PowerPod V1 Failed Calibration

Post by Mattyb »

Hi, I bought a used PowerPod v1 from eBay a few months ago. I connected it to the Isaac software and could see there was data already on it, so I did a factory reset.
I did an O&B calibration ride and all went well and the power numbers seemed about right, around 230W (FTP is 255W). After a few rides the numbers jumped up to an unrealistic level about +50W Avg per ride. I reset the device again and did another O&B calibration ride on the same route as before. All went well again but this time the numbers were very low for the next few rides about -50W Avg per ride.
Again, I did a reset and have tried to do 3 O&B calibration rides on the same route since. However, at the end of each cal ride I get a red flashing led and it restarts the calibration.
I’ve searched for the issue on the forum and have found others with the same problem but no solution, just an email address to contact.
Any ideas please?
lorduintah

Re: PowerPod V1 Failed Calibration

Post by lorduintah »

you likely do not have the PP secure - and it is moving = the red flash suggests that the call ride failed for tilt errors.
Mattyb

Post by Mattyb »

Thanks for reply.
Before the 2nd calibration when the numbers started to spike, I looked into why this might be. Poor mounting was a possible issue, so I made sure the bike was dead level with the ground before I adjusted the PP mount so that the PP writing was dead level when pushed all the way forward. I even nipped up the thumb screw with some grips so it couldn’t move. I’ve double checked it again and the mount and thumb screw are rock solid, I can’t undo it without grips. The 2nd calibration ride did complete with the PP this way although the numbers weren’t right.
Thanks for the suggestion but it seems the failed calibration is due to another reason.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Post a ride file from your unit; that will tell the story.
John Hamann
Mattyb

Post by Mattyb »

Great thanks, I've attached a ride file from a few weeks ago.
I'm pretty sure it includes the 2nd O&B calibration ride at the beginning, I plan to restart the PP after the next successful calibration ride so I can separate it from the main ride.
Thank you in advance for having a look at it.
Attachments
PowerPod_18_04_2021_1038_65_Miles.ibr
(681.76 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Mattyb

Post by Mattyb »

Hi again, is the file I uploaded ok?... apologies if not, it’s the first time I’ve done it. I can upload a different one if needs be.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This looks OK
John Hamann