Tubeless

charlie_bee

Tubeless

Post by charlie_bee »

Morning all,

I am looking to re-calibrate the PowerPod using the Isaac software (following an issue where I accidentally started re-calibrating the PowerPod after a cafe stop yesterday where i had 0 power readings - story for another day).

The options on setup device in Isaac are: clincher / tubular - but I am not seeing 'tubeless'. Which should I choose? Tubeless tyres have substantially less RR and I run them at low pressure for comfort, reduced vibration and hence higher speed.

Wondering if its possible to add a tubeless option? and until then, whether to choose tubular (very different kind of tyre).

Thanks in advance
mir

Re: Tubeless

Post by mir »

charlie_bee wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:09 am Tubeless tyres have substantially less RR and I run them at low pressure for comfort, reduced vibration and hence higher speed.
There is a little misunderstanding here. Tubeless tires does not provide higher speed due to lower pressure and reduced vibration. The main reason is that you do not have a tube installed and thereby not have any friction between tire and tube. The other thing is the loss of the weight of the tube. You can achieve almost the same benefits with a latex tube in a clincher tire.