Can't calibrate powerpod v3

elkabungo

Can't calibrate powerpod v3

Post by elkabungo »

Hi all,

I just got the power pod v3 and for some reason, can't calibrate it.

I did everything as it should but when I get yellow light and press the button on the pp and afterwards on my garmin 820 I get a message instantly that calibration ended and a zero.

I've attached a picture.

Any help would be appreciated

Gur
Attachments
20201016_111938.jpg
20201016_111938.jpg (152.32 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
mir

Re: Can't calibrate powerpod v3

Post by mir »

You do not calibrate PP with your Garmin. Calibration is for direct attached power meters.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

The Garmin needs to find a Power sensor - I suggest you read a bit more about operating the Garmin first and pairing a power meter to the Garmin, as well as other sensors.

After that - you need to make sure that you go for a ride and follow the calibration procedure for the PowerPod. The LED flashes and color changes will be your guide. When you are ready and at the location where you want to start the calibration, one click on the PP button tells the computer you are now starting.

When it all goes as written in the PP manual, you will see the Garmin (with a data field identified as Power) displayed will do the ramp up to 50 - stop turn around - ride again to 100. After the reading reaches 100, it will drop and then start reading real poser values.

It looks like you only told the Garmin to calibrate something like a DFPM and did not set it up properly for the PP.
elkabungo

Post by elkabungo »

Do I need to activate the cadence meter and speed meter and the hr meter also on the garmin or is it suffice to calibrate only on the pp?
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

There are details in the directions. All directions for the PP can be found in another section of the forum.

https://velocompforum.com/viewforum.php?f=12

Sensors need to be awake. All of these are available in a different section of this forum - including a description of all LED colors and when they appear.

The HR sensor will start as soon as it detects a heart beat. - which means you have this wrapped on your chest.

So I suggest before doing a calibration ride, you train the Garmin that the speed, cadence and HR monitor are all there - then you can set up the data fields per the GARMIN instructions.

The last is for finding the PowerPod and defining it as a POWER meter in the Garmin.

After that, when you are out for your calibration ride and follow the directions, the power reading on the Garmin with increase an output value from '0' to '50' to '100' - by following the PP directions for calibration.