Pitot Tube Calibration

SilasGreenback

Pitot Tube Calibration

Post by SilasGreenback »

just got my pitot tube to try and get to grips with cross wind readings.

Here's my first ride with it. A straight out and back 18 mls all up. Noticed a fairly sizeable hike in power on my computere and sure enough ISAAC confirms. Please could you check the calinbration for me. Thanks.
Attachments
Velocomp_09_25_2020_0641_18_Miles.ibr
(279.66 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Pitot Tube Calibration

Post by Velocomp »

Your calibration and power look fine, but you have a problem with cadence.

Are you using a Garmin cadence sensor? Are you using a Garmin bike computer? If so, what model?
John Hamann
SilasGreenback

Post by SilasGreenback »

Using and edge 1030 and the garmin cadence/ speed 2.

What do you mean by a problem? To low and dropping out?

In fairness i dont refer much to cadence since i got my PP but have noticed regular 67 rpm drop outs and nowhere near my usual 100rpm.

Computer is on an outfront and havent changed the battery since getting it new in April time. Probably could do with a new one.
SilasGreenback

Post by SilasGreenback »

Actually - just looked at connect cadence. Regular drops.
mir

Post by mir »

SilasGreenback wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:12 pm Actually - just looked at connect cadence. Regular drops.
Read here: https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=29918#p29918
SilasGreenback

Post by SilasGreenback »

I saw the other post but havent followed all of it.

I’ve got 2 bikes with same cadence speed set up. I see firmware confirmed issue from that post but on both bikes I get that drop without my powerpod on the bike: Edge 1030 and cadence / speed 2 sensors. I just put it down to a garmin problem and get enough proper readings to know i’m in my 100rpm target. And i cant be bothered going back to magnet set up.

On the calibration ride i posted my cadence sensor was paired to my 1030 - hangover from having left PP at home sometimes and not unpairing my cadence & computer but given the cal ride had cadence i guess it was paired to both. But i would have expected my computer being paired would record direct data, not via PP.