PPv3 strange behavior. Is there a way to diagnose?

kdx200

PPv3 strange behavior. Is there a way to diagnose?

Post by kdx200 »

Hi John,
this is the second time in a row that PPv3 did not start with the push of its button.
The PP is always or near always charged (at least one day a week/10 days i charge the battery).

It is always attached and never detached.
I know how it functions as ive been using PP since V1 so i know the battery life, the water/rains and all that kind of histories.

So, yesterday i wnet to my saturday ride.... push the button as always, and started the ride... inmediately my garmin showed NO power..... strange... i thought that i did not press the button, so i pressed again and saw the ppv3 with NO light.... strange... i knew it has the battery charged (dont know if 50% or 80% ... for sure was with sufficient energy). I was ANGRY...stopped and again... pushed the button and nothing.... pushed the button and the light came on!!
NO problem during the ride!!! STRANGE.

So, when i came home RECHARGE the battery,....
It was strange that in 20 minutes the charging light went off... so... i said...ok... the battery must be fully charged...

Today... bad..
no way to turn on... pushed several times and nothing happend. The battery was full or at least it should be full.

VERY ANGRY went and did my ride.

Tried many times and nothing happened. Tried, one push, 4sec push, 30 second push, 5 time pushes... nothing happened.

When i came home, connected to my pc and obviously nothing inside the PP.

It was recognized inmediaely by isaac.

Disconnected, and went to my garmin to see the PP.... it was there... the battery status says " new" ....

Turned it off (5 pushes) and tried again.... green light and so on... its ok.

SO, iam very frustrated now... i dont know whats on with the PP.

Many minutes ago (so, many hours from the ride finish), pushed the button and the PP is like a charm.

Ive searched in the isaac but couldnot find something about DIAGNOSE or something like that to check the PP or the pp battery.

I live VERY far away from US, so sending the unit is near to impossible now.

Thank you.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PPv3 strange behavior. Is there a way to diagnose?

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like your device needed a reset, which is what happened when you reconnected it to Isaac.

To do a manual reset of your device, press hold the button for about 12 seconds. You will see the light flash, then go out momentarily, then start flashing again. Release the button.

A this time I don't see any reason to send the unit to us.
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

Hi John... again the same situation.
Battery full or near full.

Todays ride was ok.
Later, BEFORE connecting to the usb i tried to turn pp ON.... nothing.... touch the button 2 times, 3 times, 4 second, 20 second..nothing happened.

Connected to the usb and download the data. I waited till the red light went ou (about 10 minutes), disconnected the pp and WAITED (do not why)

Tried to turn on... NOTHING.

Connect to the usb, and visible to isaac.

Disconnected... tried to turn on... NOTHING....

so....
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

in contact!! thank you!