No power reading from PowerPod V3 and no idea why!

ssh

No power reading from PowerPod V3 and no idea why!

Post by ssh »

I have owned my PowerPod for about a year now. For the first time I charged it overnight wtih a power bank rather than at the wall, which requires disconnecting it from my bike. Now every time I ride I get no power data. I have tried paring my speed/cadence sensor again to the PowerPod but the light flashes green and orange (red?) and I get speed and cadence data but no power data.

A few times I've tried re-pairing while riding and I get a brief period where power goes up to 5 W, as though it's calibrating again from scratch, but then resets to zero after a couple of seconds and doesn't change again for the rest of the ride.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this or, if needed, to reset my PowerPod so it works again?

I'm using a Hammerhead Karoo and a Wahoo Blue SC Speed and Cadence Sensor.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: No power reading from PowerPod V3 and no idea why!

Post by Velocomp »

If I understand things correctly, your PowerPod worked properly for a long time.

You changed the way you charged the device, such that it required you to remove PowerPod from your bike.

Now, it does not show power. You have tried re-pairing (press-hold button for 4 seconds) but that does not help.

Here is what I would do:

1) Do a hard reset of your device. Press-hold PP button for around 12 seconds. It will start flashing green around 4 seconds; continue to hold button down until light goes out momentarily, then starts flashing again. Release the button. This does a hard-reset of your device.

2) Make sure your sensors are awake, then do a sensor pairing (press-hold for 4 seconds then release). During pairing you should see flashing green, then flashing red 3 times (cadence sensor paired) then solid green (speed sensor paired), then light out.

3) Do a new out-and-back cal ride.

Hopefully this will fix things.
John Hamann