Different Tire Sizes and Tire Pressure Change

SoaringBear

Different Tire Sizes and Tire Pressure Change

Post by SoaringBear »

Question about my configuration, John.

I am running lower tire pressure than formerly to give more compliance/lower roughness of gravel roads. When I loaded the last cal file in Edit Profile I bumped tire pressure down to 35 lbs. Also, my gravel bike has 38mm tire on the rear and 42mm tire. I know this is kind of unusual. Don't know if any adjustment is necessary, but thought I would put it out there to see what you say.

Thanks,

Dan
lorduintah

Re: Different Tire Sizes and Tire Pressure Change

Post by lorduintah »

I have gravel and road wheel sets for my new bike - AND I have a speed sensor unique to each wheel set - this eliminates any fiddling with ISAAC or otherwise. Each set has a different tire size, minor differences to the total weight. So by having the modest additional cost of another sensor, I just pick up and go after an initial calibration........

The gravel bike has been ridden on reasonable asphalt for entire rides as well as the limestone gravel we have around areas of Minneapolis - the calibration differences for that particular wheel set are minimal and not worth trying to use one or the other or effectively creating two calibrations for the two ride surfaces - one or two watts over 20 miles seems to be a literal NIT.