HELP ! I broke my PowerPod. Really **UPDATE**

Kcblair

HELP ! I broke my PowerPod. Really **UPDATE**

Post by Kcblair »

Hello John, In short, as I rested my bike against a fence, I didn't notice that the handle bar had turned, touching the top tube. When I went to turn the handle bar back, the damn derailleur cable , caught the PP and ripped it fromt the out front garmin mount. and bounced onto the grass. I could have cried. The small eyelet pieces can't be glued, either.

Is it possible to get a replacement case ? Is that something I can replace ? Thank you so much. I don't think there was damage to the unit, as it landed on the grass.
Don't cry when you see this.
Don't cry when you see this.
broken PP.jpg (78.37 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Last edited by Kcblair on Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kcblair

Re: HELP ! I broke my PowerPod. Really

Post by Kcblair »

Everything fine with internals. Hoping for a new case. KB
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Kcblair wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:33 am Everything fine with internals. Hoping for a new case. KB
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Thank you, John. Email sent. KB
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Hello John,

Tom got to my broken PP v2. After a conversation, I discovered my circuit board was the current model . Tom offered to upgrade it to v3 and put it into a v3 shell. A little reluctant at first , I decided to go for it.
I do understand , that I will have to perform a recal on all 5 bikes, as the saved bike profiles will not be accurate, if I install into the v3 pod.
The PP is in the mail back to me.

Question: after looking at your install video on v3, using the handlebar mount, what tips and tricks, do I need to know, when mounting the v3 onto "out front" mounts ? Most of my out front mounts are level, except one, is slightly pointed upwards as the stem is angled up 7 degrees and mount is attached to the lower stem bolts.
What part of the v3 shell is level to the ground ?

I want mention , Tom has gone out of his way , to reprogram my PP v2 into v3 and turn it around. I have already thanked him. I realize how busy he must be, working alone, these days.

Again, thank you and all the folks at Velocomp. Ken B.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Kcblair wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:50 pm Hello John,

Question: after looking at your install video on v3, using the handlebar mount, what tips and tricks, do I need to know, when mounting the v3 onto "out front" mounts ? Most of my out front mounts are level, except one, is slightly pointed upwards as the stem is angled up 7 degrees and mount is attached to the lower stem bolts.
What part of the v3 shell is level to the ground ?

I want mention , Tom has gone out of his way , to reprogram my PP v2 into v3 and turn it around. I have already thanked him. I realize how busy he must be, working alone, these days.

Again, thank you and all the folks at Velocomp. Ken B.
It's OK if your PP isn't perfectly level. As long as it is within 20 degrees of level you should be OK.
John Hamann
Kcblair

Re: HELP ! I broke my PowerPod. Really **UPDATE**

Post by Kcblair »

Ok, Thanks John. Can't wait for my PPv3 to get her.Ken B