PPv3 Lite unable to pair

Amhaken

PPv3 Lite unable to pair

Post by Amhaken »

I tried to pair my new PPv3Lite today but so far no success unfortunately. The powerhouse app however does recognize the PPv3 ? After activating the Caden’s and speed sensor (my garmin edge does sown both) and holding the button for 4 seconds the yellow light doesn’t turn solid yellow but stays flashing green. Also tried a hard reset for 12 seconds already but no success. Please advise !
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PPv3 Lite unable to pair

Post by Velocomp »

What kind of sensor do you have? Who makes it? Are they separate speed and cadence sensors, or is it a combined speed/cadence sensor? Are there magnets used with them?
John Hamann
Amhaken

Post by Amhaken »

Separate Garmin cadence and speed sensor
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Is the speed sensor on the front hub?
Amhaken

Post by Amhaken »

Yes it is
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please do the following:

1) Hard reset your PP, by press-holding its button for about 12 seconds. It will flash, then its light will go out, then start flashing again. Release the button.
2) Click PP button 5 times to turn it off
3) Awaken your speed and cadence sensors. The crank cadence sensor sometimes takes about 15 seconds to awaken.
4) Look at your Garmin, spin the bike wheel and crank, and confirm that you see non-zero speed and cadence readings. If you don't see readings, then our sensors aren't working properly
5) Assuming your sensors are working, click PP button to awaken it. What does the status light show? It should be solid red.
6) Press-hold PP button for about 4 seconds. It will start flashing green, indicating pairing. Release button
7) After about 30 seconds, light will flash red 3 times, indicating cadence sensor pairing, then solid green, indicating speed sensor pairing.
8) The light will go out.
9) Pair your PP to your Garmin bike computer.
10) When you're ready to do the cal ride, click the button. It should be solid yellow.
11) When you start riding your light will flash yellow, indicating calibration. Ride for about 4 minutes. You should see watts rise to 100. When it goes beyond 100, calibration is done.

Let me know what you find.
John Hamann
Amhaken

Post by Amhaken »

Thanks I will follow the procedure and let you know tomorrow
Amhaken

Post by Amhaken »

Unfortunately it still doesn’t function. During step 7 at the end of the approx 3o sec. the light turns solid red.
I have also contacted Rosiir the Dutch reseller on this.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like your unit needs to be swapped-out. Rosiir can do this for you.
John Hamann
Amhaken

Post by Amhaken »

After having contact with each the reseller. I have reset the speed sensor and replaced the battery (although it was giving a speed indication, probably the power was too low for pairing).

I have restarted the pairing successfully. And looking forward for some nice rides with the power meter.

Regards, Arjan
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Amhaken wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:09 am After having contact with each the reseller. I have reset the speed sensor and replaced the battery (although it was giving a speed indication, probably the power was too low for pairing).

I have restarted the pairing successfully. And looking forward for some nice rides with the power meter.

Regards, Arjan
That is good news!
John Hamann