PPv3 MTB Bike Setup

kdx200

PPv3 MTB Bike Setup

Post by kdx200 »

Hi John,
now riding for a couple of days in MTB again and the ppv3 is in the exact place as before.

Today i did 2 rides and think that the power numbers are ok (as before)

1. how is possible that i can mantain 200w or even better (as usually and i felt that) and NOT in my TT bike as we have seen in the other posts?7
2. i downloaded the files as is. Checked in the isaac and liked it.... but i clicked in the " analize the original download" (i have touched NONE or nothing in the file) and all numbers changed. So, i closed and downloaded again the " original" file from the ppv3. And AGAIN went to the " analize / original file" and the numbers changed. So, the isaac is showing me a "post ride checked file" ? I dont understand why the file downloaded in the isaac changes (shows OTHER power numbers) when i click in the " analize the oriignal file" if nothing was touched by me.
3 i tried not to bother you again and again and tried the check calibration (in the analize menu) but i could not use it. it says that is only to be used in O&B situations. Iam sure that you have used this function in non O&B situations... or am i wrong?

thank you very much
Attachments
iBike_07_03_2020_1710_20_km_HiDef.ibr
(471.22 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last edited by kdx200 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdx200

Re: PPv3 MTB Bike Setup

Post by kdx200 »

John, are you there? :))
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sorry, July 4 weekend, and some family medical problems, got in the way.

1) I can't answer this unless I have your TT file

2) I don't know the "Analize/Original File" comment. Please take a screen shot. You can always use the "Analyze/Return to Original Download" command to get the original data as downloaded. I did this for your file, attached. Make sure in the Edit/Preferences/Analyze window that you do not have the automatic analysis box checked.

3) You can try the Analyze/Analyze Route... option
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

Ok.

1 iam attaching the same file as the TT setup post from weeks ago. You tweaked the setup for me.

2 and 3. YES!! it was checked in the menu. What kind of analisys do? i can see the "drafting" option or the "ride begins where it ends" . Is this the route analisys variables?

4. iam attaching today ride in the MTB. The power numbers are likely ok to me and very similar to the one in this original post. Again my perceived effort and the pp numbers matches. (the first minutes the HR was errant as the cold body and outside temp)

thanks
Attachments
iBike_07_06_2020_1749_20_km_HiDef.ibr
(472.47 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
iBike_06_28_2020_0739_49_km_HiDef.ibr
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Both files are fine.

Your TT ride file was at a lower bike speed, and your CdA is much lower. This is why your watts are lower.

Your MTB ride was at a higher bike speed with a higher CdA. This is why your watts are higher.
John Hamann