Ride Tilt Change in Isaac

Kcblair

Ride Tilt Change in Isaac

Post by Kcblair »

Hello John, since I have upgraded my PP Lite , to full features, I decided to check a few current rides in Isaac. Two rides showed the indicator dial , in the straight up position, as shown in the Isaac software manual. When I got to install the upgraded profile into PP, I get an error message that the Ride Tilt is out of parameters . -0.4 > 6.5% and -0.5 > 8.6% .

The profiles that I have installed are from 2019 and been using for over a year , without issue. Also, I level the PP using a small bubble level, lined up on the bottom of the "PowerPod" lettering. Been doing that since day one.

Also, there were changes to the "Crr" value, but within limits.

Is this anything I should be concerned about, or just leave things alone. My power numbers seem to be , very consistent , with all 5 bikes.

Thanks, Ken B.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Ride Tilt Change in Isaac

Post by Velocomp »

5 bikes...wow!

What's going on is that the mounting angle of your PP is changing from ride to ride. If you are moving across multiple bikes this is not surprising.

If you are getting consistent power readings I would leave things alone.
John Hamann
Kcblair

Re: Ride Tilt Change in Isaac

Post by Kcblair »

Thanks John

I try to level as close as possible , with a little bubble level . But, I'm guessing your proprietary software is doing it's magic. The PP is installed on an out front Garmin mount , under the head unit, on a Go pro mount.

Yes, I a believer of N +1 , couple modern bikes ( CF & Al), and 3 classic with modern drive trains. A 6th bike , my touring doesn't need a power meter.