Speed Sensors shared on different profiles

godfrey7

Speed Sensors shared on different profiles

Post by godfrey7 »

I havent seen this directly addressed anywhere (apologies if it has been covered)

I have a Garmin Speed sensor along with a Cadence sensor that can be moved from bike to bike. I have created three profiles based on three different bikes. Each of these 3 profiles use the same speed and cadence sensors.

I have noticed that when I set a new active profile, whenever I switch bikes my Power Pod goes into calibration mode. After the 1st ride the profile seems to work fine and the unit functions without issue.

My workaround to date has been to allocate about 10 minutes to do an out and back, before starting the ride. Once the 5 minutes out and back is done the unit displays proper watts etc.

The question I have is, is this a workable system, (sharing the same speed and cadence sensor across multiple profiles). Or would I be better off with separate sensors for each bike.

Thanks,

Michael
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Speed Sensors shared on different profiles

Post by Velocomp »

How are you setting the active profile? With Isaac, or with the PowerHouse Bike app?

When you turn on PP, are you clicking the button, or press-holding it for 4 seconds? If the latter, this would force a cal ride.

If you have things set up properly you should be able to manually select the profile with Isaac or PH app, then simply ride.
John Hamann
godfrey7

Post by godfrey7 »

Hi John,

Setting it in Issac.

And just click on the PP button, not the click and hold.

Whenever I have switched the profile and click on the PP button, it goes to yellow and then the flashing green red as if I have planned to do a new out and back.

Am I correct in assuming that when I set active profile that I need to send it to the PP? Or is it just click on the profile?

And am I also correct that sharing the speed sensor across the various bikes is not an issue?

Thanks, as always for your quick response.

Michael
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

godfrey7 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:03 pm Hi John,

Setting it in Issac.

And just click on the PP button, not the click and hold.

Whenever I have switched the profile and click on the PP button, it goes to yellow and then the flashing green red as if I have planned to do a new out and back.

Am I correct in assuming that when I set active profile that I need to send it to the PP? Or is it just click on the profile?

And am I also correct that sharing the speed sensor across the various bikes is not an issue?

Thanks, as always for your quick response.

Michael
How are you changing profiles in Isaac? Are you using the "Device/Set Active Profile in Device" command, or something different?

You will see these screens:
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.53.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.53.09 PM.png (289.55 KiB) Viewed 3500 times
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.53.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.53.20 PM.png (47.97 KiB) Viewed 3500 times
Please do the following:

1) Connect PP to Isaac
2) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Device
3) Extract all of your profiles and post them here

I can't think of any reason you should have to do a cal ride anytime you switch profiles. And yes, it's fine to use the same speed sensor across multiple bikes, as long as you are willing to set profiles manually.
John Hamann
godfrey7

Post by godfrey7 »

Hi John,

I am out of town for a bit so won't have a chance to post those likely til early next week.

Thanks,

Michael