Excessive speeds causing too high powers?

doib

Re: Excessive speeds causing too high powers?

Post by doib »

Second part
Attachments
_04 DEVICESETUP.png
_04 DEVICESETUP.png (154.35 KiB) Viewed 10488 times
_05 NEWPROFILE.png
_05 NEWPROFILE.png (160.4 KiB) Viewed 10488 times
_06 DEVICE SETUP2.png
_06 DEVICE SETUP2.png (149.58 KiB) Viewed 10488 times
doib

Post by doib »

However, I created the new profile, which I attach together with the last image, although of course I will not use it.
Attachments
Prof #1 20200621.ibp
(372 Bytes) Downloaded 152 times
_07 SETUPDEVICE3.png
_07 SETUPDEVICE3.png (159.02 KiB) Viewed 10488 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I am trying to figure out if this is a firmware or software problem (or both??? seems unlikely...)

To see if this is a FW problem, here is what I would like you to do:

1) Clean out, then reinstall both your MTB and Road bike profiles into your PP (profiles 2 and 3)

2) Put PP on one of your bikes.

3) Start riding, then click PP to turn it on. Use the Automatic Profile Selection of feature of PP so that selects the bike you're riding.

4) Do a very short ride (1KM is fine).

5) Click PP button 5 times to turn it off.

6) Do NOT download the ride file

7) Click PP button to turn it back on. It should find sensors. Do another 1KM ride.

8) Repeat steps 3-7 again. You will now have 3 ride files with your bike

9) Do NOT download the files

10) Put PP on your other bike, then do 3 short rides with your other bike.

11) Put PP back on your first bike, then do 2 more short rides.

You will now have a bunch of ride files from both bikes. Let's see what the data shows. If all your ride files have the correct speeds, then the problem would seem to be in Isaac.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

Ok, i Will try probably next we.
Bye
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

doib wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:30 pm Ok, i Will try probably next we.
Bye
You don't have to ride long distances. Just make sure to turn off PP between tests (5 clicks of button), so that PP will start a new ride file each time.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

Ok thanks :D
doib

Post by doib »

Hello John,
I'll update you on the situation. Wednesday 24 was holiday for us and I went out with the mountain bike, together with my wife (she rides an e-mtb). In order not to bore her with the tests, I only kept profile 2 in the powerpod and we made a normal tour. Everything worked out well. Only towards the end of the tour, I punctured and after the stop the garmin was no longer able to connect with the pp. I redo the search for the sensor and immediately found it. I probably disabled the connection by messing with the garmin's touch screen, while I took it off to turn the bike upside down and remove the wheel, so I didn't worry.
Subsequently, yesterday I tried to perform the tests that you recommended, starting with the road bike. I cleaned up everything in the memory of the pp, reset the profiles and I installed only the two profiles 2 and 3. I immediately noticed a strange thing: profile 3 (giant road bike) had no wireless id enabled (I attach screenshot). Furthermore,when just connected pp signaled me no files to download; after loading the profiles it showed me the files of the 24 (which should have been deleted). However, I left but the garmin did not find the pp, despite trying to turn it off and on several times. Each time, the led flashed green for a while, then turned solid green, finally turned off, as if it had found the sensors, but pp, in addition to not connecting with the garmin, did not record any new ride. Otherwise, today it made me download the files of 24 again, as if they had never actually been downloaded or deleted. Some times ago, I've done the last update of the firmware of the pp, which, I remember, was perhaps for the aeropod..Can it affect? However, I believe that Isaac is not working well. How should I proceed now? I am concerned that the PP no longer connects to the Garmin ... it never happened. All the other sensors were connected, so I don't think garmin is the problem. Do I need to redo sensor pairing, calibration and testing for profile 3? Wouldn't it be better to try to uninstall and reinstall isaac instead of continuing to test? I'm sorry but it's getting a little long, I would like to solve ...
Attachments
14 wirelessID.png
14 wirelessID.png (148.31 KiB) Viewed 10442 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We need to figure out if the problem is in firmware or Isaac.

Please erase all the ride files in your PP, then do the experiments described in the earlier posting.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

Ok, but it is not possible if I cannot re-associate the pp with the garmin ... is it necessary to re-associate the sensors and redo the calibration (at least for profile 3)? And then I start directly with the tests or do I have to clean everything up again?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Very honestly, I have no idea where things are right now.

There needs to be a fixed, unchanged starting point. Whenever things are changed/re-calibrated/re-paired, the starting point is changed.

You provided 4 profiles in an earlier post from June 16. Two of them, profiles 2 and 3, need to be re-loaded into PP, according to the instructions I provided on June 21

Please erase the ride files in your PP, please erase the profiles in your PP, then please follow the instructions of my post of June 21.

We will get to the bottom of this...
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

doib wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:03 am Ok, but it is not possible if I cannot re-associate the pp with the garmin ... is it necessary to re-associate the sensors and redo the calibration (at least for profile 3)? And then I start directly with the tests or do I have to clean everything up again?
Pairing between PP and Garmin will be unaffected, as long as you reload your profiles from June 16.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

Thanks, got it. I try.
doib

Post by doib »

Well John, made rides according to your instructions. Here are the results. First three MTB rides, profile n. 2, correct values.
Attachments
iBike_06_26_2020_1911_2_km.ibr
(23.9 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
iBike_06_26_2020_1906_2_km.ibr
(16.42 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
iBike_06_26_2020_1900_2_km.ibr
(17.7 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
doib

Post by doib »

Second block of rides, with road bike (profile No. 3). Halved values. No problem connecting to the garmin, as you expected.
Attachments
iBike_06_26_2020_1934_1_km.ibr
(18.62 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
iBike_06_26_2020_1929_1_km.ibr
(13.78 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
iBike_06_26_2020_1925_1_km.ibr
(15.23 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
doib

Post by doib »

Last block, back to mtb. Correct values and profile (n. 2). I hope I have done everything well and I apologize if I am a little bit hard on understanding.
Attachments
iBike_06_26_2020_1947_1_km.ibr
(13.09 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
iBike_06_26_2020_1943_1_km.ibr
(11.45 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This is just the data I was looking for!

I want to confirm one thing: when you changed from your MTB to your road bike, and then later from your MTB back to your road bike, you did NOT use Isaac to switch the profiles; you used the Automatic Profile Switching feature of your PP. Is this correct?

Assuming that you did NOT connect your PP to Isaac until after all 8 rides were completed, then this is a firmware bug we will need to fix.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please check your email. I sent beta firmware for you to test.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

Arrived! Thanks John, I will install the new firmware and do the tests again as soon as possible. I confirm that, during the tests, I have never used isaac to pair the profile but only the internal function of the pp.
Hello
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

doib wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:05 pm Arrived! Thanks John, I will install the new firmware and do the tests again as soon as possible. I confirm that, during the tests, I have never used isaac to pair the profile but only the internal function of the pp.
Hello
I was able to replicate your speed/profile problem with FW714 loaded into my PP.

I installed FW715 beta and the problem was fixed on my unit. Let me know what you find!
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

Hi John, I'm back. I was only able to go out on a bicycle on Tuesday evening. Given your last post, I cleaned up the PP, loaded the new firmware, reloaded the profiles of the two bikes and took a ride with the road bike (profile #3). The profile selection was made automatically by the pp. Speed and power correct at last! :D :D However, I did not perform the whole test with the two bikes and the eight rides, if you deem it necessary I will do it tonight or Saturday. The only strange thing is that isaac has again signaled me some races already downloaded as new, changing this time only the file name (speed and power are correct and unchanged). I attach the screenshots (the second with the duplicated rides highlighted).
Attachments
NFW15.png
NFW15.png (202.13 KiB) Viewed 10349 times
NFW15 02.png
NFW15 02.png (191.14 KiB) Viewed 10349 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I think the multiple files are artifacts of the incorrect profile information used when the files were recorded with FW 714.

I suggest you erase your ride memory. This problem should disappear, too.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

I had also imagined something like this, I will still give feedback for confirmation.
See you soon, thanks you very much for the excellent support! :D
doib

Post by doib »

Hello John,
as promised I still report some feedback. The new firmware, as hoped, has brilliantly solved the problems. The files are no longer duplicated. The only strange thing is that, with profile no. 3 (road bike) in the file name the km are still halved. But the numbers in the file are correct and consistent with what is expected. About profile 2 (mtb) with the garmin gsc-10 sensor and two magents, I only found a considerable initial inertia (before receiving power data, about 2 minutes pass), as you can see from the attached file. Is the calibration just a bit long or can it depend on the positioning of the pp on the handlebar? I realized that perhaps it is a little too inclined downwards. Once the PP is up to speed, on both profiles & bikes, the performance is excellent; I noticed that even on sprints the power readings are very sensitive and fast. Thank you!
Attachments
iBike_2020_07_19_0811_27_km.ibr
(383.58 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Everything looks fine in the ride file.

For the first 90 seconds your device recalibrates itself; if it was pointed down it would show low/zero watts during the recalibration period.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

In fact, that's exactly what happens. If I correct the inclination, do I have to do the calibration again? If I understood from other posts, I would say no..
Thanks again, Regards
doib

Post by doib »

I mean calibration profile with o&b ride of course..
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

No need to calibrate again. The orientation of your PP is checked automatically. If it needs correcting it will happen in the first 90 seconds of your ride.
John Hamann
doib

Post by doib »

Ok, thank you a lot.
Bye