Powerpod V3 Lite Low Reading

Dalibor

Powerpod V3 Lite Low Reading

Post by Dalibor »

I have recently acquired mentioned PP, and have issues with constant low reading in power output. Since I have Assioma Duo PM, I was able to compare readings of the same ride, by recording it to two different Garmin devices, one attached to Assioma, and other to PP V3. I did that on several occasions, and each time my average power is about 60 W lower on PP than on Assioma. I tried with different speed and cadence sensors, and different positions and angles of the PP, and also, did a couple of calibrations, and tweaked my personal profile thru the Isaac (weight, height, etc., didn't touched other parameters).
Due to Lite version limitations, I'm able to download only 10 mins of my ride, so I'm attaching these files, along with two .fit files from the same ride, one with Assioma, and other with PP data.
When reviewing my ride in Isaac, I noticed that there is never head wind present in the readings, so I shortly blocked wind port with my finger during one of the rides, and didn't saw any change in my power output data on my screen.
Since I have my actual power data for given ride (from Assioma), is it possible to manualy recalibrate PP, or this device is malfunctioned?
Attachments
Fit Files.zip
(257.03 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
iBike_03_17_2020_1431_25_km.ibr
(29.61 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
iBike_03_17_2020_1416_6_km.ibr
(28.72 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod V3 Lite Low Reading

Post by Velocomp »

Your wind readings are way too low. Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann