PowerPod won't commence cal ride

bkit1805

PowerPod won't commence cal ride

Post by bkit1805 »

Sorry if this is covered by another post somewhere - I couldn't seem to find this exact issue. Basically I've had my PowerPod paired and working with an Edge 800 and Garmin speed and cadence sensors for a while, and then on a ride the other day it pretty much randomly dropped out - PP was still connected but showing 0 watts, and the light was flashing red/green. I thought it was looking for another cal ride so stopped, pressed the button and started - and it let me do a full cal ride and started showing a normal reading again, but only for about a minute then same problem. This time it wouldn't start another cal ride - when I pressed the button the light went from red/green to yellow, but the Garmin stayed on 0 Watts. Eventually it went back to red/green flashing again. Tried re-pairing and starting again but it had no effect. Tried again a couple of days later, again same problem and re-pairing had no effect. Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod won't commence cal ride

Post by Velocomp »

Please post a recent ride file. They should be stored in your unit.
John Hamann
bkit1805

Post by bkit1805 »

I'm running Mac OS Catalina so have installed the new version of Isaac and drivers per the instructions on the forum (https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5318) - definitely followed the instructions to the letter but I can't get the green USB symbol when I open Isaac. System Preferences don't show any issue with SiLabs being installed, and have tried re-installing SiLabs but still no result...

So long story short I can't upload a ride file at the moment - can I get some help with the Isaac issue?

Thanks
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Try a different USB cable. There are a number of them out there that only provide power for charging, so not all the connections are active.

- FYI a common way to steal data in public places (from laptops, phone and pad devices) is to have the charging kiosks have a device inserted that can grab the data stream - so as a consequence USB cables were developed that only allow power to be transmitted over the connections and the data pins are not even connected - safe USB. If the cable you are using has only the power connections, Isaac cannot communicate.
bkit1805

Post by bkit1805 »

Ok so a different USB worked and now showing the green symbol. However I now need to buy the unlock key - new problem is the device serial number is showing in Isaac ('Device' / 'S/N and FW version') as 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00. This doesn't seem right? I bought the key in any case and included that as the serial number... but presumably there should be digits other than 0 in it?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your serial number needs correcting. What model of product do you have?
John Hamann
bkit1805

Post by bkit1805 »

Powerpod v2
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

bkit1805 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:57 amPowerpod v2
We will be sending you something from technicalsupport@velocomp.com
John Hamann