Changing or Transferring PP to other Bikes

Sydney Go

Changing or Transferring PP to other Bikes

Post by Sydney Go »

I know that you have to re-calibrate the PP again if you change to another bike.

My question is when you are in calibration mode, what will happen if I don't stop & turn at the 50 watts mark? Will my readings be inaccurate?

Also, can I do the calibration mode in the trainer or bike stand and just spin the crank until it will complete 100 watts?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Changing or Transferring PP to other Bikes

Post by Velocomp »

Sydney Go wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:07 pm I know that you have to re-calibrate the PP again if you change to another bike.

My question is when you are in calibration mode, what will happen if I don't stop & turn at the 50 watts mark? Will my readings be inaccurate?

Also, can I do the calibration mode in the trainer or bike stand and just spin the crank until it will complete 100 watts?
1)If you don't turn around at the 50 mark, it's likely that your wind sensor calibration won't be accurate.

2) No, you can't do calibrations on an indoor trainer. The purpose of the calibration ride is to calibrate the accelerometer and the wind sensor, both of which are inactive on indoor rides.
John Hamann
Sydney Go

Post by Sydney Go »

So I have to re-calibrate again every time I switch bikes :( I need to do a 5 mins. warm-up ride.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

There is a misunderstanding here. Let me clarify things:

1) You set up each bike, including sensor pairing and calibration ride, ONE TIME per bike. You will save each bike's information in a separate profile. For example, if you have 3 bikes then you will have 3 profiles

2) Assuming that each bike has a unique speed sensor (which is a good thing), your PP will automatically figure out which bike you're riding, and set PP internal profile to the one you created earlier

3) Whenever you start riding, if anything is "off" PP will auto-recalibrate in the first 90 seconds of the ride. You don't have to do any special calibration; just ride your bike!
John Hamann
Sydney Go

Post by Sydney Go »

Happy New Year John,

Good to know that I don't need to re-calibrate every time I change speed sensors.

So If I change wheel-Set (with different speed sensor), I just press the button once and wait 90 secs until it recognizes another profile.

Am I correct?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I assume you are changing bikes, not wheel sets...

When you move to a different bike, which has mounted on it a different speed sensor, simply spin the wheel (to wake up your speed sensor), then wake up PP. It will take only a few seconds for PP to switch profiles.

After you start riding on your "switched" bike, it will take 90 seconds for PP to recalibrate itself, then all will be well!
John Hamann