Comm error with device

rhinocommuneer

Comm error with device

Post by rhinocommuneer »

Hi everybody,
I've been using PP3 for some months now and generally pretty happy with it.

However, today I tried to connect it to Issac/Mac (Mojave) and I keep getting a repeated prompt to download the ride files. The connection indicator switches from green to gray periodically. If I decline this prompt, I am able to do something small like look up the S/N or list of profiles. However everything else results in an alert with text "Comm error with device".

I've tried switching the PP3 off, charging it and hard-resetting (10sec button hold). I checked 3 different USB cables: one from PP3 box, one I used before and one definitely a working data cable.

Nothing notable happened since my last use of the PP a couple weeks ago.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Comm error with device

Post by Velocomp »

Try the following:

1) Restart your computer
2) Try a different USB cable

Hopefully one of those will fix the problem
John Hamann
rhinocommuneer

Post by rhinocommuneer »

No, neither helped. I restarted the laptop and checked the cable by transfering some files back and forth my phone and computer.

Today I took the PP out for a ride and did a new calibration. The PP seems to work and transmits power to my watch, but I still cannot download the rides using Isaac.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
rhinocommuneer

Post by rhinocommuneer »

Hi again. Last time I contacted support and they suggested me to erase all ride data to fix the problem. This worked

However, recently my PP started to cut off randomly, initialize the calibration ride by itself and without proper LED indication (I can see that from the power growing steadily 1-50 on my headunit). This happened today again in the middle of the ride and after I powered it down a couple of times (5 button pushes), the PP started transmitting power that it noticeably too low. Back at home I could not download the ride data to check the profile — so I had to delete all my data again.

Additionally, I tried to update the firmware, but the Isaac says that 7.08 is the latest version. I understand that you have recently released the 7.11?

Looks like something is not right with my PP
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This seems very peculiar. Please post a recent ride file.
John Hamann
rhinocommuneer

Post by rhinocommuneer »

Here's the latest one I have
Attachments
iBike_04_24_2020_1852_89_km.ibr
(886.72 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
rhinocommuneer

Post by rhinocommuneer »

Reminder
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

rhinocommuneer wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:59 am Reminder
Sorry, I missed this post!

I don't see anything wrong with your ride file. You should be able to install 7.14 on your unit; go to "Device/Check Online for Firmware update..." to access it.
John Hamann
rhinocommuneer

Post by rhinocommuneer »

We did nothing, so nothing changed — Isaac says that 7.08 is the latest firmware. And PP still enters the calibration mode without reason every so often