PP v3 First rides- Help with calibration!

DaveTCR

PP v3 First rides- Help with calibration!

Post by DaveTCR »

Got powerpod set up and installed properly, or so i thought... after recieving it, i realized that the regular mount will *NOT* work with aero drop bars, since there's no room on either side of the stem for the clamp to fit. I ordered an 'out front' mount, and installed Powerpod underneath it, on the goPro mount.

No real issues with the install, other than i have to sort of guess if it's level or not... I think it is?? :?

Regardless...
***11/3 ride***
i went for my first full ride with Powerpod, and during hte ride it seemed like it was doing fine, was reading everything, responding when i pushed hard, went to zero when i coasted etc. When i got home, downloaded the ride file and took a look, it appears that the wind scaling is off, as most of the wind speed is significantly below the ride speed. Or so i read on these forums? Soo.... I clicked the 'Check calibration' option and the software refused to update powerpod, stating that the ride tilt and Fric figures were way out of whack... The Riding tilt was changed by the 'check calibration' function to -16.5... I am assuming i did something incorrect setting the powerpod up originally??

***11/10 ride**
So i re-calibrated my powerpod from scratch, this time changing the mount feature to state that it was 'OUT FRONT'... Also, i reduced my overall weight by 1kg, otherwise everything else remained the same (i believe). I was able to do a successful calibration, then took off for a ride. THIS ONE, i have not screwed around with at all, and would like to ask for help/analysis on how all the stats look... This second ride is the one im more interested in as i feel i got a good calibration on it and would like to know if there's any tweaking to be done...

Many Thanks in advance for any help! Other possible/helpful info;

im on a 2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1, i weigh 90.26kg, im on the hoods pretty much the whole time im riding.
iBike_11_03_2019_1043_32_Miles.ibr
(379.29 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
iBike_11_10_2019_0924_31_Miles.ibr
(327.37 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP v3 First rides- Help with calibration!

Post by Velocomp »

Your 11/3 ride was a bit low on wind

Your 11/10 ride is spot-on.

You're ready to ride!
John Hamann
DaveTCR

Re: PP v3 First rides- Help with calibration!

Post by DaveTCR »

Thnx for your reply John. I think changing the mount position/profile to ‘out front’ mustve done it. Il keep tracking everything and see how i get on.