PP V3 - How Far Is 'Slightly'

stevepmoore

PP V3 - How Far Is 'Slightly'

Post by stevepmoore »

As per the title, how far is 'slightly' pointing down?
From having to mount my previous V1 PP level, I'm unsure as to what 'slightly' means. I have just measured and my V3 is pointing down by 7 degrees. Is this too much? I assume that at a certain point the PP will assume you are constantly riding down hill and under-read as a result?
Please could someone give me some advice as to what angle range is acceptable.

Thanks in advance

Steve
kdx200

Re: PP V3 - How Far Is 'Slightly'

Post by kdx200 »

The pp cant move/tilt too much when attached, i did not measured the angles though...so i locked always pointing down (at maximum) and every time im ataching it is always in the same way.
stevepmoore

Post by stevepmoore »

Thank you for the reply.It’s the initial set-up angle that I need some advice on. Once I have that i should be ok.
Used yesterday for the first time and seemed to be reading lower than expected when compared to similar efforts with my old PP.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

stevepmoore wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:26 am Thank you for the reply.It’s the initial set-up angle that I need some advice on. Once I have that i should be ok.
Used yesterday for the first time and seemed to be reading lower than expected when compared to similar efforts with my old PP.
PP automatically calibrates itself for the mounting angle. You don't have to have an "exact" angle; you just want it pointing approximately level.

If you want to post ride files from your old unit and your new PP I will see if there is a reason for any differences.
John Hamann